Avengers game at E3 looks completely off brand!

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I have to agree here, they made this franchise explode with the current cast, if RDJ had not nailed Iron Man 1 I doubt Marvel would have taken off like it had but the fact that RDJ slaughtered that role laid the ground work for what Marvel is right now. Its not wrong to criticize or judge this by what they are showing my first impressions after seeing this trailer was huge disappointment, that doesn't mean the game will fail or be bad it may turn out to be absolutely brilliant but it will never live down the fact that since Iron Man 1 in 2008 we fell in love with the MCU because of the characters brought to life by the actors who played them, to watch this for 11 years and then out of the blue watch a bunch of strangers both in the looks generated and the voices behind them cant help but leave a bad taste in everyone mouth.

I wont get into the technical side like the graphics or gameplay obviously we don't have enough to go on but at first glance to me it looks like another AAA company looking to make bank with a billion dollar franchise tag and end up with a B- or C+ game. I hope I am wrong but we have seen this before.

Lonewollf

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Lonewollf
Though I am dissapointed with the fact that they are not using the established actors from the MCU for likeness and voice, this approach that this game company is taking is not at all unheard of or uncommon.Cryptic Studios went through the same problem with Star Trek Online when they first released in 2010. When the game first launched, they had maybe one iconic cannon character in the game. Worf. But the toon that represented him looked nothing like him. This was because they just couldn't afford to use just the likeness of the actor who played him, much less pay for the voice. It took them 3-4 years just to be able to do that alone. I would love to see RDJ, CP, and CH repraise their rolls in a video game format, but I also understand that it would cost millions of dollars to do so, so i'm willing to conceed and allow 2nd grade actors take over the reins for a video game.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Though I am dissapointed with the fact that they are not using the established actors from the MCU for likeness and voice, this approach that this game company is taking is not at all unheard of or uncommon.Cryptic Studios went through the same problem with Star Trek Online when they first released in 2010. When the game first launched, they had maybe one iconic cannon character in the game. Worf. But the toon that represented him looked nothing like him. This was because they just couldn't afford to use just the likeness of the actor who played him, much less pay for the voice. It took them 3-4 years just to be able to do that alone. I would love to see RDJ, CP, and CH repraise their rolls in a video game format, but I also understand that it would cost millions of dollars to do so, so i'm willing to conceed and allow 2nd grade actors take over the reins for a video game.

The voice over doesn't bother me as much as they don't even resemble the characters we have been watching for 11 years, the voice over could have been more accurate as well imo.

Lonewollf

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Lonewollf
The voice over doesn't bother me as much as they don't even resemble the characters we have been watching for 11 years, the voice over could have been more accurate as well imo.
They would have to spend millions of dollars per actor to even get the character to even look like them.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
They would have to spend millions of dollars per actor to even get the character to even look like them.

If they already paid to use the marvel license I am not sure it would have cost that much to use their characters likeness, they already have the marvel tag. I mean they don't look anything like them, the voices aren't even in the same hemisphere lol. If you paid for the license you already have access to the characters, no one is saying pay Evans and Hemsworth for the voice over but hell there are voice actors out there who are relatively cheap that would have been closer.

Anyways I get it, this is what they are going with and that's fine but you have to expect disappointment its only natural to feel that way. I felt the same disappointment when they changed War Machine actors lol.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
The biggest issue for me is the characters are close enough in appearance to the actors in the film to hit the “uncanny valley” level of discomfort. I won’t be able to play the game without feeling like something’s off.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
I'm guessing if they were making a Marvel Avengers game based off of the comics it wouldn't matter so much, but this seems to be one based off of the MCU, so I do see where people would expect more of a visual and audio connection to be there.

Forgot your password?