Engineering Avionics SME here.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Thanks for all the love, my fellow TESTies! This stuff can be as interesting or as boring as you and your mentor/instructor make it. I see a lot of students pass through the school house that dont take away a single thing taught, while I have others that message me later on thanking me for taking the time to fully explain something to them. Either way, its rewarding for me to share the knowledge.

JohnyGluebag

Vice Admiral
Oct 30, 2016
RSI Handle
JohnyGluebag
Last night a guy lost his ship (do not know the details) and was floating around Grim Hex. At one point there were four ships looking for him and after constant chat on position relative to certain rocks, or between the planets and sun they finally had to give up.

Do you think at some point there will be some sort of scanning tool in our ships to pinpoint a pilot that is floating in space; even worse amongst an asteroid belt? I can imagine you would have to get within at least 20km before such a tool would work, or who knows really.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yes Johnny they've said this is coming in the future a lost pilot will be able to create a contract / beacon of some sort using his mobiglass so that others can find them. I.e hey guys I am lost I will give you 1000uec if you accept the contract and find me.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
I'm an Electronic Warfare technician by trade, found your post and thought I'd say hello. I'd like to think with the Terrapin, the Tracker, the Herald, The Sentinel, and the capabilities of the larger ships, there will be a group of us who will gravitate towards command and control, deception, denial, etc... The mechanics aren't there yet but seeing what they have in store is fascinating to me. All I do lately is deal with chaff / flare systems and basic RWR and MWS for helos, but I used to work a plethora of special operations systems on multiple C-130 variants. If any of you guys know about the ALQ-172, you know what I'm looking forward to doing in game :)

Forgot your password?