Awesome fleet, but what options for play?

Chi

Captain
Jul 14, 2016
RSI Handle
Chi
I'm guessing that I'm like many others in that I have a couple of accounts, one of which is going to have a permanent criminal rep. But just considering accounts one at time, there maybe a variety of ship types, say you've logged off in the bed of your cargo ship and next time you come to log on you want to join up with your mates in some adventure in one of your other ships. It seems that you're going to have to log back into your cargo ship and fly it to where ever your other ship is, yep ok all nice and immersive. Hmmm. With that sort of scenario, if one of your ambitions is to fly your Carrack on a grand tour of the verse, then all your other ships are useless to you until you get back. To me it's looking a bit like you're better off splitting your ships up amongst several accounts.
I've come across hints that you maybe able to lend ships to other people, also that you may be able to teleport in to replace npc crew on ships, that would certainly provide more options. But if your fleet is largely made up of ships from the proceeds of cashing in previous ships there won't be the option of giving some away to another account that you've created to give you more login options. Maybe I'm just creating limitations in my own mind :)

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I don't see how they would be able to get by without the ability to summon multiple ships. With the fleets and packages they are selling and encouraging, I just can't imagine them limiting you to one ship. Add on top of that, the ability for your ship to be stolen. That alone discounts the single ship issue. They can't hope to hold you to a one ship limit if they also allow theft. It would mean you were essentially grounded until you got your ship back...

Chi

Captain
Jul 14, 2016
RSI Handle
Chi
I don't see how they would be able to get by without the ability to summon multiple ships. With the fleets and packages they are selling and encouraging, I just can't imagine them limiting you to one ship. Add on top of that, the ability for your ship to be stolen. That alone discounts the single ship issue. They can't hope to hold you to a one ship limit if they also allow theft. It would mean you were essentially grounded until you got your ship back...
It's not so much that you're limited to one ship, it's more that you're limited to one body hence one location :)

Reactions: makute
Forgot your password?