Bad news for Atlas Defense Industries ADI - caught spamming

Scarthian

The Shadow Broker
Feb 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scarthian
Honestly beyond reporting it through official tools if it happens to you I think we need to distance ourselves from this. That Org is going to crash on launch which will be no surprise to anyone so just keep being the chill bros we are. I know they are doing shady shit and it sucks but it will catch up to them. At this point to an outside point of view its like we have a hate boner for them. Hell from the inside point of view (my own no clue bout others) it looks that way. I mean this is like what the 3rd or 4th time something come up regarding this particular Org and once again we are swirl in the storm of it.

I am not saying I condone their actions but damn its like we are a bitter ex gf facebook stalking her ex. In the words of a stupid movie I will never watch report it then "Let it go".

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
We should just observe, rather than have an active role in this mess.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Observing is fine.

Reactions: RipVanDan

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
We should just observe, rather than have an active role in this mess.
Says that guy that jumped in head first and started swinging wildly! :D

I did not understand what the hubub was about until nkato pointed out that they were using the PM system.

I am not sure what the limitations are on sending PMs, but the trick Atlas Defense and Exploitation Industries used here is that they could have 10-20 recruiters all hit their max PM limits and send out a ton of invites every day.

Is anybody interested in hearing about this stuff? Should I write an article or make a video?

Reactions: Jhonon1

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Honestly beyond reporting it through official tools if it happens to you I think we need to distance ourselves from this. That Org is going to crash on launch which will be no surprise to anyone so just keep being the chill bros we are. I know they are doing shady shit and it sucks but it will catch up to them. At this point to an outside point of view its like we have a hate boner for them. Hell from the inside point of view (my own no clue bout others) it looks that way. I mean this is like what the 3rd or 4th time something come up regarding this particular Org and once again we are swirl in the storm of it.

I am not saying I condone their actions but damn its like we are a bitter ex gf facebook stalking her ex. In the words of a stupid movie I will never watch report it then "Let it go".
Well said. like the DS fiasco we need to move on from this and not look back or it will stain us. We do not need to be stained at this point in time over something silly like this. CIG is aware of the problem and will fix it. We need to sit back and wait for that response and then move on.

Reactions: Scarthian

Scarthian

The Shadow Broker
Feb 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scarthian

I did not understand what the hubub was about until nkato pointed out that they were using the PM system.

I am not sure what the limitations are on sending PMs, but the trick Atlas Defense and Exploitation Industries used here is that they could have 10-20 recruiters all hit their max PM limits and send out a ton of invites every day.

Is anybody interested in hearing about this stuff? Should I write an article or make a video?
Honestly Montoya I think its time we put this stuff to bed and stop engaging it. Like I said my opinion but it just makes us look bad and may well turn away potential recruits. We are an Org based around having fun and chilling with like minded folks in a game of flying space ships. Beyond as I said official reporting through proper channels we should not be so involved in another Org like this. There is calling someone out but after the second or third time it looks like we are just bashing on them even if we have a legitimate reason to do so. It is all about the perspective of it.

Frisbeerocker

Commissar
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Frisbeerocker87

No, pls. Let us move on before we rain more people's opinions of AD I and Xplor.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya

I said this last time and Ill say it again.

I don't want to be the person that causes sleepless nights for others. Atlas are probably still running around with their hair on fire since yesterday, we do not need to fan the flames.

I even said on reddit that the whole ship scamming thing was taking it a bit too far because ADI had no way to control that.

I will even go as far as defusing this for them as much as I can with the general community.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Honestly Montoya I think its time we put this stuff to bed and stop engaging it. Like I said my opinion but it just makes us look bad and may well turn away potential recruits. We are an Org based around having fun and chilling with like minded folks in a game of flying space ships. Beyond as I said official reporting through proper channels we should not be so involved in another Org like this. There is calling someone out but after the second or third time it looks like we are just bashing on them even if we have a legitimate reason to do so. It is all about the perspective of it.
We posted within a few seconds of each other there, I was just saying the same thing as you.

We are not calling them out, been there, done that... it does not excite me.

Im actually more interested in fixing things for them.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I said this last time and Ill say it again.

I don't want to be the person that causes sleepless nights for others. Atlas are probably still running around with their hair on fire since yesterday, we do not need to fan the flames.

I even said on reddit that the whole ship scamming thing was taking it a bit too far because ADI had no way to control that.

I will even go as far as defusing this for them as much as I can with the general community.
Then defuse it. The problem is that ADI knows they're in the wrong, and the best way to defuse it, is for them to apologize, and institute a blanket change to their recruitment policies.

Until that happens, people are still going to dogpile on them.

I had a conversation with an ADI member over PM on Reddit the other day, and it sounds like the leadership is trying to "ignore the problem until it goes away".

Scarthian

The Shadow Broker
Feb 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scarthian
We posted within a few seconds of each other there, I was just saying the same thing as you.

We are not calling them out, been there, done that... it does not excite me.

Im actually more interested in fixing things for them.
From the comments I am skimming through we really just need to pull back and let nature take its course. A good deal of people are saying in obvious and not obvious ways that it looks like we are picking on ADI. With good reason as I said every time some how we are in the eye of the storm. Good intentions no doubt but our relationship with them is already sour and well on its way to spoiling in folks eyes.

I say just let them do what they are going to do and leave it at that. CIG is aware of the issue and I am sure they will come up with a solution to satisfy folks.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
We should just make a basic statement of TEST does not engage or condone the mass spamming of invites via PM. Then leave it at that.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I had a conversation with an ADI member over PM on Reddit the other day, and it sounds like the leadership is trying to "ignore the problem until it goes away".
Thats their problem, they can't ignore it, its out.

They can pull down as many images as they want from imgur, its out there and its not going away.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Thats their problem, they can't ignore it, its out.

They can pull down as many images as they want from imgur, its out there and its not going away.
Montoya. The ADI leadership is basically plugging their ears and going "la la la la".

No matter what you try to do, it's not going to snap them out of it.

Nothing short of a failcascade will snap them out of it.

Hell, you remember JayC? There were rumors that he had run a World of Warcraft guild at the game's launch, and it imploded spectacularly because of his brand of drama.

At this point, I do not expect ADI's directors to actually do the right thing. Our best option as TEST Squadron, is to treat them the same as we do Derek Smart: Irrelevant.

Reactions: Shenanigons

Scarthian

The Shadow Broker
Feb 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scarthian
Bah, that would require writing and doing stuff.
Unnecessary there are already plenty of these types of posts from our members about this already if you look up the post regarding this fiasco. I am all just for letting it be and let them burn their house down on their own. They already soaked it in fuel and threw a lit book of matches into it.

Forgot your password?