Banu Defender

Starscribe

Grand Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
(/ignoring thread resurrection)

I don't like the guns. I'm fine with non-gimablled but these slow firing stock guns just seem not worth the effort. Yet people say it punches above its weight? Am I missing something? I tear through things in a hornet, Freelancer Mis, Vanguard Sentinel, Cutlass, but I just can't make the Banu D viable...

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
(/ignoring thread resurrection)

I don't like the guns. I'm fine with non-gimablled but these slow firing stock guns just seem not worth the effort. Yet people say it punches above its weight? Am I missing something? I tear through things in a hornet, Freelancer Mis, Vanguard Sentinel, Cutlass, but I just can't make the Banu D viable...
With their range and speed, the S2 Singes are quite powerful compared to other weapons due to their alpha damage, but the firerate on them presents serious issues against large ships.
Since the only Singes currently in the PU are the S2, and the rest implemented are only in Arena Commander, they have only been balanced in so far as to get people to stop complaining about them being hitscan.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Slap some S3 laser repeaters on and an FR shield and enjoy! It's a lovely ship and I love the sounds.
View attachment 20890
I still leave the Sukuran on, and do 2x Attrition-3 and 2x DR Model-XJ3. When overclocked, I find this does extremely well in both PvP and PvE, even against Hammerheads.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?