Banu Merchantman tease

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Paul Jones was in charge of concept ships the BMM is John Crews baby now and I feel for him working with to few artists on his team, I personally hope that with Star Atlas being in trouble that CIG may get some of their people back that left to work on that project.
If Star Atlas were to go under, I wonder if CIG would look to go in and buy up the IP for the game (ship designs, etc.) to try and integrate them into this game in some way?

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I'm seeing a lot of talk on other forums about the scrapping the BMM. Some are saying they are just slowing down to look after other ships while others are saying the ship is dead and to ccu or melt.

I don't know those guys as well as I know some here. What are we all thinking about it? Keep it or ccu/melt?
In the video where CIG talked about the future of the BMM, at no point did they even remotely indicate they're considering 'scrapping' it. They mere stated that due to changes in circumstances they're considering moving it back to the backlog. Any posts you've seen on any forums from people indicating otherwise are fearmongers and haters trying to scare people away from the BMM for their own self-gratification.

Didn't stop them with the Starfarer, as you say the Reclaimer, the Relent SEN, Reliant Mako, any Origin ship as the Luxury gameplay isn't in yet, any explorer ship like the Carrack.... actually almost any ship with a focus which isn't combat or Cargo :)

But yes I see what you mean I think the current thinking is should they push this limited use liner to completion or a bunch of smaller craft which more people have access too. I see value in both, personally I have my favourite ship/s flyable so I'm cool with the BMM being completed at the cost of waiting a bit longer for the X1, G12, 600i rework etc - Get the big job out of the way and the little jobs will be done quick after that. Do the little jobs first... and there will always be more little jobs that come along and get in the way of getting back to the big job!
In a recent video CIG staff actually commented on 'learning their lesson' in regards to releasing ships that didn't have any of their intended gameplay loops implemented. (Luxury is an aesthetic, so even if there aren't missions that require 'luxury', the 'gameplay' is still in if there is anyone that looks at it and feels it looks luxurious.)

As for the BMM getting backlogged, I got the impression he was saying with the recent changes in personnel for the team working on the BMM they now lack sufficient numbers of experienced people to continue at the pace they were for the BMM. In which case, backlogging it to take on easier ships so the new members can get their skills and experience up may very well actually be the better long-term administrative decision.

RoosterRage

Captain
Donor
Jul 16, 2022
RSI Handle
RoosterRage
If Star Atlas were to go under, I wonder if CIG would look to go in and buy up the IP for the game (ship designs, etc.) to try and integrate them into this game in some way?
No CIG ships are built to a certain metric and not built in the unreal 5 engine and have kit bashes designed for each manufacturer already established. Then comes the major legal headache of the NFT's as the people who supported Star Atlas own those ships unlike us and I don't think Chris Roberts would risk his company in a class action lawsuit from an angry investment crowd trying to recoup their losses in court.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
No CIG ships are built to a certain metric and not built in the unreal 5 engine and have kit bashes designed for each manufacturer already established. Then comes the major legal headache of the NFT's as the people who supported Star Atlas own those ships unlike us and I don't think Chris Roberts would risk his company in a class action lawsuit from an angry investment crowd trying to recoup their losses in court.
Yes, exactly, so much this ^^^. Far and away too much risk and effort for far too little reward.

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Paul Jones was in charge of concept ships the BMM is John Crews baby now and I feel for him working with to few artists on his team, I personally hope that with Star Atlas being in trouble that CIG may get some of their people back that left to work on that project.
Crewe isn't known to be a big fan of big "complicated" ships though. He's allways rolling his eyes in interviews when it comes to the Endeavor i.e. and I hink he''s very likely about to shelve it as he mentionend now that he's in charge of it. He's also no star designer more a project manager focused on low hanging apples. And the last SCL clearly didn't have have any BMM fans who seemed willing to route for it. The BMM very likely was Jones' pet project before he left for probably other reasons than actually seeking adventures. I think it was Bored Gamer who brought up something profane like the unwillingness to return from homeoffice into office presence. Don't know what his sources are and this is probably just rumor but plausible. In my company about 2/3 of the poeple prefer to work from home or their holiday domicile right know and probably would sooner change their employer than accept coming back if forced to - nothing to be done about that. Whatever - just don't expect the BMM arriving soon. Either don't care about the when like Montoya or melt and move on. I'll probably hold on. As an Endeavor owner I need to be patient anyways ;)

Forgot your password?