Bare as you Dare....Official Invite

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Did you see that there is a clothing optional party at the White Owl after the ride?
Come on.... get a fluffy padded bike seat and cross this one off your bucket list...LOL
At the White Owl? Really?!? Lemme see if I can wing my way there in time. ;)

Edmonton to Portland...
That should be doable by this evening, even on owl wings. Ha.

Cool-Hand-Luke

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Cool-Hand-Luke
WE
At the White Owl? Really?!? Lemme see if I can wing my way there in time. ;)

Edmonton to Portland...
That should be doable by this evening, even on owl wings. Ha.
Well... one good thing about an all nude party is that you dont have to worry about what to wear......

But i was thinking to myself how much beer i will need to consume before i would feel comfortable participating in this event?

Cool-Hand-Luke

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Cool-Hand-Luke
Haha, me too. Rocking my dad bod. Woohoo.
Ya.... im thinking i would need some tequila shots with beer backs to check this one off my bucket list...
Funny thing is it didn't take that many beers to make bungie jumping sound like a good idea. .... years later I'm still not sure if drinking and bungie was a good idea. .... however, i got to check that one off my bucket list..

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Ya.... im thinking i would need some tequila shots with beer backs to check this one off my bucket list...
Funny thing is it didn't take that many beers to make bungie jumping sound like a good idea. .... years later I'm still not sure if drinking and bungie was a good idea. .... however, i got to check that one off my bucket list..
Hahaha, I can imagine. Oh dear god...

Reactions: hardroc77

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Just out of curiosity, what is the interest in getting locked up for indecent exposure? I have never understood that.
It's actually a protest (against oil dependancy) so it's protected under Oregan law. It's not *technically* just a bunch of naked people on bikes as far as the law is concerned, but I'll admit that the organizers advertise it as such to increase publicity (and it honestly might be nothing more than a clever way to get to be naked in public).

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I lived in Portland for 12 years and I can tell you, public nudity is never protected by Oregon law. Anyone protesting that way will be arrested and well should be.
Well, like I said. It's a protest. Which is protected even if it's a nude protest. This has been a thing in Portland for 12 of the past 14 years so if it was actually illegal it wouldn't keep getting more popular. Thousands of people partake every year with the Oregon nude bike ride being the largest event of its kind in the world. The only way someone would get arrested if for lewd conduct (which is not protected even as a protest).

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Wow. I guess I should not be surprised. Oregon has always been home to this kind of crazy, and those who are perpetrating it find it easy to get a judge who will let the crime go on and on. Back in the day when the death rockers ruled downtown and Pioneer Square, this kind of fake "protest" was common. No one believed it was a protest, and I'm sure they still don't, but any excuse to be a deviant is enough for the emotionally disturbed. Most of this sort of behavior was back then confined to PSU campus (where I was student and TA), Powell's and the city parks. . .Tweeker Park, Paranoia Park, etc. Now it has apparently taken to the streets.

Is the Satanist church still the largest church in the city, with 2,000 members?

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I was born in Oregon moved when I was about 7 I went back a few times in my 20s and lived there for a few years, I would not label Oregonians as crazy but it is definitely a different lifestyle there, it is more laid back and I for one miss the beautiful scenery, living in Oregon City on the hill I was an hrs from the beach and the mountains, the rivers and tree's it to me is still one of the best places to live in this country when it comes to all 4 seasons.
I personally think as Americans we take nudity to the extreme, its ok to wear a string that covers virtually nothing and call it a bikini yet go topless and its against the law, we censor everything in this country, its like we want our kids to grow up in bubbles and its absolutely ridiculous. To me if some people want to ride bikes naked through the city once a year I could care less, its harmless. We have far more things to worry about in this country than a bunch of nude bikers, maybe we should take this energy and focus more on politics something that is destroying this country not a few nudists out for a stroll lol.

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
Wow. I guess I should not be surprised. Oregon has always been home to this kind of crazy, and those who are perpetrating it find it easy to get a judge who will let the crime go on and on. Back in the day when the death rockers ruled downtown and Pioneer Square, this kind of fake "protest" was common. No one believed it was a protest, and I'm sure they still don't, but any excuse to be a deviant is enough for the emotionally disturbed. Most of this sort of behavior was back then confined to PSU campus (where I was student and TA), Powell's and the city parks. . .Tweeker Park, Paranoia Park, etc. Now it has apparently taken to the streets.

Is the Satanist church still the largest church in the city, with 2,000 members?
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, or an overbearing dick. I'm just going to pretend that you believe that people not harming them selves or other people, in a city that you no longer live in, doesn't actually affect you in any way.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
they decriminalized pot back in the seventies and have been going to hell in a handcart since

and the end result is people like in the OP's picture

it's a shame, really

Forgot your password?