Bargains on eBay?!?!?!?

NemeSys

Commander
Jan 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Star-Geezer
Just wanted to let everybody know there's a seller on eBay UNLOADING Star Citizen ships, packages, and items. He's got decent feedback and everything is WAY below going eBay rates (I got three F7A kits for $150 instead of $300), and he had some sold below original cost (standalone Carrack $275, Starliner $275, and 890J $550!).

I talked to him, note that he has hit his gift limit today. Wonder why. :p

edit: Duh! forgot to include his handle swsturm (no it's not me) :)

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Ebay has some of the riskiest transactions because their policies do not cover electronic goods. Just keep that in mind before you buy it. The adage of "If it is too good to be true, it probably isn't."

NemeSys

Commander
Jan 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Star-Geezer
Ebay has some of the riskiest transactions because their policies do not cover electronic goods. Just keep that in mind before you buy it. The adage of "If it is too good to be true, it probably isn't."
You could be right, but they have actually gotten way better about non-physical stuff (their Buyer Protection, if the seller offers it, does cover digital items now), and PayPal too (they even have a digital transfer selection for shipping notices). I'm over 15 years and 500+/100% positive on eBay and so far (knock on wood) I haven't had a single problem with anything I've bought. I did have a problem with a digital item sale though, but that turned out to be a kid using daddy's credit card.

However, as always, buyer beware is good advice. :)

Reactions: Blind Owl

NemeSys

Commander
Jan 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Star-Geezer
Can you provide a Link Please?
The seller's name is "swsturm", you can search for that. Bestdeal he has up right now is a LTI Redeemer package for $200 (sold for $265 I believe).

But as SeungRyul said, know what you're getting into. :)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
This is almost too good to be true. I'm almost tempted to grab the Caterpillar he has. Almost.

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
Be careful, just read a post in conceirge about a hacked account with several ships missing that had been gifted to various emails. I'm not implying that is the issue here, but keep an eye on your fleets, and if possible it might be a good idea to run malwarebytes and avast followed by a password change.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Halesh

Commander
Mar 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Halesh
I was looking for the post you speak of but cannot find it. Do you mind linking it or sending a personal.

NemeSys

Commander
Jan 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Star-Geezer
I got all three of those F7A's right after he told me he hit his gift limit.

A+ in my book. :)

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Just wanted to let everybody know there's a seller on eBay UNLOADING Star Citizen ships, packages, and items. He's got decent feedback and everything is WAY below going eBay rates (I got three F7A kits for $150 instead of $300), and he had some sold below original cost (standalone Carrack $275, Starliner $275, and 890J $550!).

I talked to him, note that he has hit his gift limit today. Wonder why. :p

edit: Duh! forgot to include his handle swsturm (no it's not me) :)

SCAM ARTIST !

I attempted to purchase, and he tried to add some CRAZY taxes and customs to it, and linked a fake link to my email.

Anyways, he insisted on knowing more information then needed, and anytime I asked NOT to pay shipping and customs and taxes and handling fee's he cancelled the order.

Whomever got lucky with this, and didn't have an issue lucky you.

knew it was too good to be true.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Anyways, his Name is Scott, and his email is : [email protected]

be warned !

I had a communication with him where he agreed to a price and went back on that price and tried to invoice me for more.
When I asked to just forget about the extra and go with what we agreed to, he finally ended up cancelling and refunding ALL the orders.

me I don't give a shit, money comes and goes like the wind, and I got it all back, but my time is worth more, and so should yours be.

Forgot your password?