BBC News does Star Citizen

SirDigby

Lieutenant
Feb 11, 2016
RSI Handle
SirDigby
I saw this while making the rounds this morning. Pretty good piece overall. I'll be interesting to see if there's a spike in new recruits as a result.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
This was a really good piece by BBC. Yes, they hit on some of the critiques made of CIG and Studios. Over-all this is not a Drama-sting or Sad Trombone piece. I'd call it the best journalism piece about SC because it is not "games journalism", nor does it have the baggage.

Whaleman

Commander
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
whaleman
That was a good piece, but I have one major concern and that is the movie claiming you buy the ships for real money and not mention one single thing about it all being the major mean of the crowdfunding and not the only mean of getting the ships.

It can raise more uninformed storms of people boycotting it because they refuse to pay "170 dollars for a ship", thinking it being the only way to advance.

It really is an important distinction that we are backing the game for $170 and getting a ship as a thank you.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
It really is an important distinction that we are backing the game for $170 and getting a ship as a thank you.
True story.
Once the game goes live, you can rest assured that I will find a Bengal and be "CAPTAIN CRUDESASQUATCH, THE 27th of his name, because 26 of his fore fathers flew their Aurora's into the sun", and I will still only have paid for that initial Aurora... and 325A, and Cutlass Black and Blue... and a Merchantman... and a Connie... :)

Forgot your password?