Become Human

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
I was blown away by the detail of characters.
Especially the part at the end.

CIG should take note. Like seriously.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Looks pre-rendered as hell, to be honest.

"Captured in game engine" =/= "In game footage".

Besides, it will NEVER run like that on PS4, let's be honest.

Reactions: 2fat

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
I will say nothing untill I see it.
Tech goes on, and beyond nowadays on Unreal 4 engine for example.
Still looks amazing on PS4.

Scarthian

The Shadow Broker
Feb 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Scarthian
While it would be nice if CIG could pull this off I feel the game is just too huge to go into such detail. Not to mention with the point its at now going to this level I fear for folks without the most powerful PC's would end up exploding. I think striking a good balance between performance and style though would be great and I think they are on track to hit that.

SlowFuse

Space Marshal
Oct 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SlowFuseGaming
While it would be nice if CIG could pull this off I feel the game is just too huge to go into such detail. Not to mention with the point its at now going to this level I fear for folks without the most powerful PC's would end up exploding. I think striking a good balance between performance and style though would be great and I think they are on track to hit that.

^^ This. I would prefer that they scale up the graphical capabilities over time to keep pace with tech lag that most people have at their box end, rather than make a game that won't run at reasonable frames for most. Now, if they can come up with great optimization and get a low/med/high/ultra that can please most people, bring it on!

Reactions: Scarthian

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth

AHHHH FUCK! I was sooo excited until I noticed it said for PS4.. then I knew it was shit, and all just video rendering.
Still looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077....

deathstrike

Vice Admiral
Donor
May 8, 2014
RSI Handle
deathstrike
It gave off a very Deus Ex: Human Revolution transhumanism vibe. Their mouth movements may have been better than CIG's though.

vindslav

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
vindslav
Star Citizen is already stupidly overkill in graphical performance. People seem to forget that it is a MMO.

That game, if it holds up to its trailer, is gorgeous. I find it funny that it is made in the UK though.

Myre

Pit Crew
Staff member
Feb 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Myre
Here is their teaser from years ago.

Heart-wrenching. THIS is the reason robotic anthropomorphism is a bad idea.
So THAT's being made into a game? This makes me happy that I haven't sold my Paperweight4

Myre

Pit Crew
Staff member
Feb 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Myre

Character models and general texture quality and fidelity of the game have nothing on what was presented from Bishop's speech or even the facial animation tech demo. Granted it was a great trailer and the premise of the actual game is nothing short of mindblowing, what exactly should CIG be taking note of?

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Clearly you need your eyes examined.

It is everything.
CIG for example considers the Bishop to be the epithome of what they can do.
They said only a few characters will be don to that level of detail.

Compared to the video in my first post, they fall utterly short.
Focus on the lips, aparent life in their faces (eyes?), the animations in movement etc. etc. etc.

Or, just look at fluid movement in Assasins Creed series or Just Cause, The last of Us.
Face it, CIG are amateurs and are learning as they go along.

Remember, they have Shawn Tracy,.. everything is "good enough" for this guy.
He is too limited by design because he is a technical guy. There are several others in their studios that are in the wrong positions to be making calls when it comes to haracter movement.

I only hope as time progresses, their character pipeline will evolve and not stay what it is now.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Here is their teaser from years ago.

Heart-wrenching. THIS is the reason robotic anthropomorphism is a bad idea.
Not gonna lie, I refused to finish watching that at first. I went back and rewatched, and I'm glad I did.

Reactions: NeoHelios_SC

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
Yeah, that sentiment is straight outta' Brave Little Toaster from '87 (Jesus, has it been that long?!) . That stupid cartoon screwed me up for life! I can't bring myself to throw out broken appliances without needing a moment to pay my respects. LOL

"Brave washing machine, many thanks for the years of service, as I remit ye unto yon garbage heap. Ashes to ashes... Rust to Rust."

In fact, I have a regular box fan from about 25 years ago that I just keep fixing and re-using. Windmere. That thing is going to last me until death, I swear, and people are going to put it up as an exhibit in my museum. ;)

I'm against machines looking like people because I KNOW it will be crazy ass-hats like myself who push for a robot equal rights movement. haha

Reactions: WarrenPeace

Myre

Pit Crew
Staff member
Feb 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Myre
Clearly you need your eyes examined.

It is everything.
CIG for example considers the Bishop to be the epithome of what they can do.
They said only a few characters will be don to that level of detail.

Compared to the video in my first post, they fall utterly short.
Focus on the lips, aparent life in their faces (eyes?), the animations in movement etc. etc. etc.

Or, just look at fluid movement in Assasins Creed series or Just Cause, The last of Us.
Face it, CIG are amateurs and are learning as they go along.

Remember, they have Shawn Tracy,.. everything is "good enough" for this guy.
He is too limited by design because he is a technical guy. There are several others in their studios that are in the wrong positions to be making calls when it comes to haracter movement.

I only hope as time progresses, their character pipeline will evolve and not stay what it is now.
I'll have to disagree with you there. Although I've given you the benefit of the doubt and booked a date with the opticians.

That being said; the work on Bishop isn't even done yet; I believe it went on record that they spent most of their efforts on the actual technology behind Bishop but little under a month on the actual character. The senate speech was a job using assets still in development in much the same way that the Origin Jumpworks 300 series trailer was.

Not sure that I appreciate the tone.

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
In the end you will never truly be satisfied. They "did" say that he was going to be the gold standard and that he was what they were comparing the others to. But he also "did" say that by no means was any of it considered to be "finished".

The other thing I find quite amusing is the constant back and forth about those wanting the game as soon as possible and the others who don't think it's good enough and needs more work before it is released. I'll be perfectly fine with a happy medium.

Reactions: Myre

Rainshine

Captain
Donor
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RainingLight
I have to admit, CiGs insistence on their level of graphics fidelity is...annoying at best.

I give zero shits about graphics, in all honesty. Sure, I can appreciate the high graphics fidelity, the immersion. But GAMEPLAY is and should always be king. There are reasons that Minecraft and games likes it are so popular. Hell, I even go back and play Chrono Trigger every now and then. If Star Citizen has appropriately addicting gameplay, I'll be all over it.

If they could drop the graphics down a notch to speed up content creation, I would vote for it. The level it's at now is good, no reason to invest more money and developer time implementing another level of graphics. Getting just 5% better graphics as a whole means +20% time and money. No go for me, honestly.
AHHHH FUCK! I was sooo excited until I noticed it said for PS4.. then I knew it was shit, and all just video rendering.
Still looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077....
I was super excited for it, but development seems to have halted. Don't get me wrong, I know how hard it would be working on two titles at once, but now that the Witcher 3 is out I was reaaaaaly hoping they'd give more updates on Cyberpunk.

Last edited:

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
If they want to be relevant at release, people and gaming sites are going to compare that GFX fidelity with other released games THEN.

So it is nice they give it their best.
I just hope they can compete with some UE4 titles.

Forgot your password?