Been out of SC for awhile. Patching now, what is on the Top 5 list?

Croswell

Space Marshal
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Croswell
Wandered off for awhile, trying to refrain to avoid overdoing it, but once again, Gamescom Footage made me kick off the patcher. What is the most worth doing in game right now?

Is there anything that earns me some credits? Or should I just go fly around and see where the void takes me?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Depends when you played it last time.

Currently it is (again or still) buggy at several points. If you went away because of too many bugs - just stay a little longer away.

Grinding aUEC is a relative thing because with every patch your "wealth" is whiped out and you have to start at 0 again.

You can still make money by ICC missions or those comm satellite missions. Being a criminal, you can find GrimHex (knowing where it is you can find it without).

There are some shops now, but nothing spectacular.

Ergo: if you liked the alpha so far, you will like it although there are bugs and nothing really new; if you didn't like it in the past, you won't like it now.

Sidenote: 2.6 will be released in about a month, including Star Marine. 3.0 beginning of next year. This is the "big one" we are all waiting for.

Croswell

Space Marshal
Mar 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Croswell
Ah, fantastic. Basically I was planning to try to get some stick time, start learning some basic controls again. Been out for 8ish? months? Or so? I keep playing in bits and pieces, don't want to overdo it on the alpha and be bored by release, y'know?

Ninja edit - Is there any way to play with a friend in the Dogfight Module yet? I'd love to do some coop with some other friends to get some practice in one of these days.

Reactions: AstroSam

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
As I said, the real new stuff is coming with 3.0.

With 2.6, aside from Star Marine, the Arena Commander will become one new playground as well as a general overhaul - whatever this means.
And rumors say that a first major SQ42-presentation will take place during the CitCon next month; presumably together with release of 2.6

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
Welcome back!! You are definitely here in time to see some great new developments!!

CaptainArchmage

Space Marshal
Mar 22, 2016
RSI Handle
CaptainArchmage
Depends when you played it last time.
You can still make money by ICC missions or those comm satellite missions. Being a criminal, you can find GrimHex (knowing where it is you can find it without).for.
You can also get aUEC by salvaging whiskey and cigars from wrecks, which around around Yela, and also around the ICC mission locations. Look for green lights and, when looting wrecks around Yela, watch out for pirates. There are four bottles of whiskey that respawn occasionally in Kareah too, on the Covalex shipping hub there is an extra room you can unlock beside the one you need to unlock for successful mission completion to a good standard, with salvage in it.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
I'm glad you found your way back home.

Ninja edit - Is there any way to play with a friend in the Dogfight Module yet? I'd love to do some coop with some other friends to get some practice in one of these days.
1. First, each person enters the others as Contacts.
- Drone Free Flight 1 or more players can have a private 'match' for prctice or just fun.
- Any Public match you all can attempt to join at the same time. (works 90%of the time).

Forgot your password?