we can fly in anything

buy what you like

"If you don't have an Aurora, one will be provided for you."

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
The answer is, yes, you can purchase a SQ42 package & later gift it to another player's account. I myself have done that very thing a while back for a friend.
Right, but I already have 4 game packages purchased back when SQ42 was included and not seperate. I'm wondering if I can gift just the SQ42 and other digital goods and keep the ship that is part of the package. That way I won't have to pick up a 5th copy of SQ42

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Right, but I already have 4 game packages purchased back when SQ42 was included and not seperate. I'm wondering if I can gift just the SQ42 and other digital goods and keep the ship that is part of the package. That way I won't have to pick up a 5th copy of SQ42
Oh, my mistake. In that case, no you can't, to the best of my knowledge.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
I'll have to keep an eye on upcoming sales and what upgrade options are available. It would be nice if they just offered the titan in a package but oh well.

There is a question that might be good to ask - what kind of interest has she shown in PVP?
To be honest, I haven't really seen her PvP in a game since she was playing a hunter in WoW fairly regularly, I think she stopped playing around Mists of Pandaria. She used to do that one, something valley I think, playing on the alliance side where everyone just zerged to the boss area and the horde won most of the time. She did the other ones as well but that was the one I saw her in most.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'd be playing with her when I have a chance but she honestly plays games a lot more than I do, she has more time. So if she does try the game she'd be playing at least half the time solo so a ship that wouldn't need a lot of npcs would be helpful.

At the moment I have an extra LTI Arrow game package that I could CCU to a cutlass black or something else but it doesn't have SQ 42. Does anyone know if just the SQ 42 portion of a package is giftable? Like will they be giving you separate game codes with the packages? Because I'll have 4 game packages that came with SQ 42 and if I can just give her a code for that then that could work.
Do the think you can break it up, at least not yet, and not as was suggested in the multiple packages thread you have.

However, if you buy a new SC package on a new account, it will offer you a SQ42 upgrade for 15 bucks at some point during the purchase.

That being said, @Xist is 100% right. They often have sales that know a decent price off of these packages. And if you wait until the Anniversary sale in Nov, you'll be able to get a package with 84 months insurance. (72?/84? I think we're at 84. Math is hard)
@SoloFlyer I recommend you wait. Sometimes CIG sells bundles, like Aurora+SQ42, or Mustang+SQ42, and you can save $10 or $20.

Since the game isn't out now, there really isn't any point in buying right now. (Boo! Hiss! Down the the heresy!)

Seriously though, wait for a bundle, and buy that. Then later on if she wants something more/different than a starter pack, you can apply the saved money toward whatever upgrade she thinks she might best enjoy.
Much wisdom.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
To be honest, I haven't really seen her PvP in a game since she was playing a hunter in WoW fairly regularly, I think she stopped playing around Mists of Pandaria. She used to do that one, something valley I think, playing on the alliance side where everyone just zerged to the boss area and the horde won most of the time. She did the other ones as well but that was the one I saw her in most.
Ok, I'm very familiar with what Pandaria did to burn out players. The next expansion didn't fix that, but the next two seem to indicate Blizzard is starting to get it. It's just happening really slow.

At the moment though, I think the same way as @Xist, I'd wait to introduce her to SC, I think you'll discover it turns her off of it if it's too early. So save your money for now, buy her a starter package and she can upgrade to what she wants to fly after she gets a feel for it. In the meantime, help her find something else to play.

Forgot your password?