Best runabout?

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Connie Aquila

Loads of quantum fuel, can go round trip through the star system without refueling with the most gas guzzling drive, room for some cargo to trade between ports if you want to cover costs of fuel, etc. room for friends, able to be soloed, less annoying windscreen than the Andromeda, best speed of the Connie lineup.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
i am going to say to go with a freelancer dur, you have decent quantum, good firepower, ability to run freight, and the ablility to run by yourself or up to 4 crew. Oh, and it has a bathroom (big necessity on those long flights)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Mostly using the MIS at the moment - seems middle of the road in all departments, save if I need to, I can launch a belly full of missiles at anything red on my radar.
Freelancer MIS, its got a crossfield drive, decent fuel capacity, and has a relatively high atmospheric speed.
The DUR is also quick (higher weapon DPS than a MIS as well)

The Cutlass Black is also decent and has a long range for a small ship.
ha ha, I bought a MIS to be an OP small combat ship

little did I know it would be such an excellent all-arounder

*gloat*
I've been telling people this for ages but no one ever listens!
Great minds often think a like. I love using my Dur as a means to run errands & do various things. It's increased fuel capacity are great for traveling longer distances, especially with the refueling bug still existing.

This being said, I'm also looking to upgrade something into a MIS to TEST my luck with some of those bounty hunting missions as well.

Sounds like I don't need a new ship. I need to pimp my ride! (I was looking for an excuse to buy something new I suspect. ..Still tempted to buy a Razor to squeeze into my Carrack..).
I could've sworn that I've seen people fit a Razor into the Carrack just fine.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
i am going to say to go with a freelancer dur, you have decent quantum, good firepower, ability to run freight, and the ablility to run by yourself or up to 4 crew. Oh, and it has a bathroom (big necessity on those long flights)
This guy gets it. Cheers! Not having to constantly control your ship while in Quantum = time that you can enjoy a nice beverage.

Starscribe

Grand Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
This being said, I'm also looking to upgrade something into a MIS to TEST my luck with some of those bounty hunting missions as well.
I have a Sabre, a Super Hornet, and the MIS (and *cough* a few others not relevant to this chat - don't tell the wife). Of the three, I use the latter on bounties. It just seems far less effort.

I could've sworn that I've seen people fit a Razor into the Carrack just fine.
From what I read, two! And a third in the land vehicle bay if backed up very carefully..

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I have a Sabre, a Super Hornet, and the MIS (and *cough* a few others not relevant to this chat - don't tell the wife). Of the three, I use the latter on bounties. It just seems far less effort.

From what I read, two! And a third in the land vehicle bay if backed up very carefully..
I suspect that most of us here in TEST that are active have more than just a starter ship helping to keep our hangars from being blown away by the newly installed weather that seems a bit OP at times. @DirectorGunner 's post here with the unfortunate RED helps verify this point about the periodic OP weather conditions.

I'm also looking forward to using the new skins on my Lancers to upgrade the initial styling. I'm thinking that a black (dark gunmetal grey) MIS in the darkness of space would help it be that much closer to TESTifying, especially if you tweak a few components to enhance potential stealth capabilities to reduce your signature after you've fired so that you can move to another concealed area before launching another volley of death sticks.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Mostly using the MIS at the moment - seems middle of the road in all departments, save if I need to, I can launch a belly full of missiles at anything red on my radar.
In my opinion this is probably the best all-around medium ship at the moment for the bucks. Good fighter, awsome missile boat (more damage than a Harbinger or a Gladiator), good defense (shield and turret), good range, good cargo, decent speed. It is really a ship people should look into.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
I suspect that most of us here in TEST that are active have more than just a starter ship helping to keep our hangars from being blown away by the newly installed weather that seems a bit OP at times. @DirectorGunner 's post here with the unfortunate RED helps verify this point about the periodic OP weather conditions.

I'm also looking forward to using the new skins on my Lancers to upgrade the initial styling. I'm thinking that a black (dark gunmetal grey) MIS in the darkness of space would help it be that much closer to TESTifying, especially if you tweak a few components to enhance potential stealth capabilities to reduce your signature after you've fired so that you can move to another concealed area before launching another volley of death sticks.
What new skins? Perhaps I've been under a rock, I admit nothing.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
What new skins? Perhaps I've been under a rock, I admit nothing.

1-2 ships per manufacturer so far. Eventually you can get them in game with aUEC and there will be ones you can only unlock in game as well.

Price scales to ship size, so 3 bucks for an Arrow skin....or 13 bucks for a Valkyrie skin.

Forgot your password?