Best ship for a solo bounty hunter?

Man-0

Vice Admiral
Jun 19, 2020
RSI Handle
Man0
Hey Squad!

I got a question for ya'll, I'm looking for a ship to scratch my bounty hunting itch. What are some good suggestions?

I was considering the Cutlass Blue, or the Cutlass Red. The blue seems like a nice multi-purpose ship purpose built for bounty hunting and the Red comes with medbays you can respawn at.
While both these ships are amazing and versatile ships I feel they miss out on firepower and agility.
Another consideration of mine was an Avenger Stalker or maybe a Gladius although the latter would have very little range.
I would prefer a ship that I can man alone however I hear in the future you will be able to hire NPCs if you can't find players to crew with so I'm open to any suggestions.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Honestly, the bounty hunting profession is not fully implemented yet (you can not use stalker/hawk/cuttie blue cells for instance). What currently matters if you are a bounty hunter is stealth, hunting and sneaking close to your target before dealing an almost insta alpha strike on it. If you are stealthy enough, in the very few seconds it takes for the guy to realise whats going on, you cant be targeted and you have time to finish him off. Even better if you have EMPs like with the Hawk (another dedicated bounty hunting ship with a cell and EMP).

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
In order of utility, the least utility first,
Hawk, Avenger Stalker, Cutlass Blue

Don't forget you may need a place to take a nap in your ship (spawn point)... IIRC hawk does not have this. Avenger Stalker does. In fact, IIRC two beds. Including the prisoner pods. While Cutlass Blue would be the ideal ship unless you need a much smaller signature. There are different Pros and Cons depending on the scenario.

Loads outs can be changed to suit your needs as well on all 3.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca

Don't forget you may need a place to take a nap in your ship (spawn point)... IIRC hawk does not have this. Avenger Stalker does. In fact, IIRC two beds. Including the prisoner pods. While Cutlass Blue would be the ideal ship unless you need a much smaller signature. There are different Pros and Cons depending on the scenario.

Definitly one of these.
I think Sentinel might be a nice additon to a BH team. (but not for pure solo)

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666

Yeah I second this to.
Personally I would go for one with the bed that also will have some room for storage, like blue even have some cargo space. so there is room to do have some secondary income with the ship.
Than just pure bounty hunting..

CHEERS! 🍻

Chip Hazzard

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2018
RSI Handle
ChipHazzard

You are able to actually sleep in the Hawks prisoner cell, so once you have dropped off your 'cargo', you can then hit the bar and have a drunken snooze in the cell!

I know the Cutlass Blue is supposed to be THE bounty hunting ship for small groups, but I would love to see a more dedicated long-range solo bounty hunting ship. Something that has the living quarters of the Prospector, space for all your guns and armour, and perhaps 2-4 holding cells as well as a couple of SCU of cargo space, with the cockpit of the Hawk and either an EMP or Quantum Jump Inhibitor so you can catch your prey. I would go for that!!

Chip Hazzard

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2018
RSI Handle
ChipHazzard
Yeah I second this to.
Personally I would go for one with the bed that also will have some room for storage, like blue even have some cargo space. so there is room to do have some secondary income with the ship.
Than just pure bounty hunting..

CHEERS! 🍻
Completely agree with you on that! Being able to grab some cargo, or run some box missions in between going out hunting will give you more options for financing fancy guns and armour :like:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Funny how the 300 was sold as the original bounty hunter pack and it's absolutely useless at that task...
If you are solo, I'd go for something a bit larger than the hawk, and with a bed. Stalker or Cutty. I guess the cutty is slower, has a higher signature, and would be better with an extra crew member, so I'd go stalker for solo.

Man-0

Vice Admiral
Jun 19, 2020
RSI Handle
Man0
ou are able to actually sleep in the Hawks prisoner cell, so once you have dropped off your 'cargo', you can then hit the bar and have a drunken snooze in the cell!
CIG has told us that the feature to sleep and log out in the Hawks "Bed" will be removed before launch since its not intended to be used that way, Although can you imagine what kind of badass sleeps in a coffin-like jail cell bed every night before going out and hunting criminals, you're practically DareDevil.

Hawk seems a bit too short ranged for my taste, although its perfectly nimble. The Avenger stalker is simply outgunned by almost every ship in its weight class. I suppose the blue would be the practical choice since it has the most versatility. Will probably need someone to co-pilot with me though.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
When we have a free flight next time, just try them all and make your choice i guess. Sometime it is difficult to judge on paper only.
Or you can ask people here to lend you one of those ship for trials (i have hawk and stalker but not the blue if you play with me sometime).

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
IMHO the Sentinel is the best single bounty hunter and will be even better when you can load the Harbinger module. Even without the EMP option, the firepower, speed, agility, range, bed, head and galley, hull and shield strength, missile choices, stealth and shameless good looks makes it the easy choice for the discriminating hunter.

The fast, medium Q drive is key for hunters, as it is very common for them to have their quarry Q away, and Q past their quarry to their destination. Laying in wait in the Sentinel, you can then launch missiles from stealth and your target will not know what's up until they're busy dying.

Last edited:

Chip Hazzard

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2018
RSI Handle
ChipHazzard
CIG has told us that the feature to sleep and log out in the Hawks "Bed" will be removed before launch since its not intended to be used that way, Although can you imagine what kind of badass sleeps in a coffin-like jail cell bed every night before going out and hunting criminals, you're practically DareDevil.

Hawk seems a bit too short ranged for my taste, although its perfectly nimble. The Avenger stalker is simply outgunned by almost every ship in its weight class. I suppose the blue would be the practical choice since it has the most versatility. Will probably need someone to co-pilot with me though.
That will suck if you can't use the Hawk cell as a bed! When did they say that about the bed-coffin-cell? In the Q&A they said you can use it... I like the coffin haha
(https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16316-q-a-anvil-hawk)

I guess it is a bit more short range. And just can't seem to like the Stalker, but might try it again.

Wish they had put a proper living area in the Cutlass Blue. I know it's a police ship, but not like you can jump out for a piss in space haha! Like I put in my other post, I am praying to the gods of beer and bounties they will bring a dedicated long distance solo ship, for multi system hunts 👍😃🍺

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I'm liking the Sentinel. I want to like the Hawk, but bed capacity for just one is …. limiting.
Yeah Sentinel is my all time favorite of all the ships i flown, I always come back to the Sentinel.
It never fails once you become one with.
🍻

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Given this is TEST Squadron, I'll recognize that everybody before me has made good points, so instead I'll recommend the Aurora. They will never expect an Aurora to be coming to capture them, but if you catch them in their flight suit, you can stick them in an extended cargo box under your ship. (Just be sure to deliver them to a law & order destination before their air runs out.) Or there is the use of the Aurora's bed or the area behind your seat if they're already dead but you still need to bring them in.

Forgot your password?