Best ship for a solo bounty hunter?

Chip Hazzard

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2018
RSI Handle
ChipHazzard
Given this is TEST Squadron, I'll recognize that everybody before me has made good points, so instead I'll recommend the Aurora. They will never expect an Aurora to be coming to capture them, but if you catch them in their flight suit, you can stick them in an extended cargo box under your ship. (Just be sure to deliver them to a law & order destination before their air runs out.) Or there is the use of the Aurora's bed or the area behind your seat if they're already dead but you still need to bring them in.
This is the smart, forward thinking that TEST is becoming renowned for.... STOP IT NOW!!! I think you need more beer :drunk: :o7: :like:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
This is the smart, forward thinking that TEST is becoming renowned for.... STOP IT NOW!!! I think you need more beer :drunk: :o7: :like:
Actually, I need new genetics that actually allow me to get drunk. However, since that science hasn't been perfected yet, I'll be more than happy to help pass out beverages of choice to my fellow TESTies, give them safe rides home after the parties if I can find where they're passed out to sleep it off & when possible to help record acts of "Hold my beer" TESTification for all the Verse to witness. Cheers!

Chip Hazzard

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2018
RSI Handle
ChipHazzard
Actually, I need new genetics that actually allow me to get drunk. However, since that science hasn't been perfected yet, I'll be more than happy to help pass out beverages of choice to my fellow TESTies, give them safe rides home after the parties if I can find where they're passed out to sleep it off & when possible to help record acts of "Hold my beer" TESTification for all the Verse to witness. Cheers!
I'm pretty sure the TEST Science department could look into drunk genetics... And you are a Scholar and a Gent for your beer handing out abilities. How many TESTies can we actually fit in an Aurora, that is the real question :drunk: :o7:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm pretty sure the TEST Science department could look into drunk genetics... And you are a Scholar and a Gent for your beer handing out abilities. How many TESTies can we actually fit in an Aurora, that is the real question :drunk: :o7:
That might depend on how many can also fit in the large storage container that fits underneath, but they'll have to learn to not panic when things get a bit warm while entering some atmospheres or they'll run out of air faster. What about the burns? Space aloe + enough beer will help them not feel that after we land.

Starscribe

Admiral
Dec 14, 2019
RSI Handle
Starscribe
If you want cells, notwithstanding the gameplay isn't in yet (but will be!), your choices are limited and I'd go with the Cutlass Blue.

Long answer:
If you're looking to kill the target in a solo-able ship that isn't just about killing things with big torpedoes from miles away I'd say Freelancer MIS when it's next available, based purely on how the ships are now. I've owned the Superhornet (not so super until armour is sorted out), the Cutlass in all flavours (just one shield that goes down too fast), and the Sabre (hate the default loadout; built for combat not stealth and I like it but once the shields go you're toast). I've flown the Arrow quite a bit too.

I just keep coming back to the MIS as my daily fighter..

It's got a bed. It's got an oh sh*t button that spews missiles like they are going out of fashion. It's got great meaty shields and a healthy array of guns for it's size.

I'm aware of its faults. Windscreen is very restrictive. You may hate the view! It doesn't turn like a fighter, but it's never been an issue for me. You might hate the look, it's got a bit of the 'camper van of the Apocalypse' vibe going on. It has slightly less cargo than the Black.

But..

Short answer:
Things that kill me in every other ship I name above don't trouble me in my MIS.

Only other ship I feel almost as secure in which I can solo fly for almost full value at present is my Sentinel.

Full disclosure: I don't have any experience of the Anvil Hawk.

Heartwood

Space Marshal
Oct 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Heartwood
Highly recommend watching some of --> https://www.youtube.com/user/SubliminaLsChannel/videos
As a newer player/interested veteran who put SC aside for a while, the effects of loadouts are huge. Subliminal does an excellent job at showcasing his pref. items and what they actually do.

So when it comes to choices, i for one was never really aware of the hull HP value or the ability to mix shields or to go for a high def shield with long cd, forcing you to go ooc for 18 sec. before returning.

All these options color your ship choice in the end. The 300 series comes with cargo, a bed and a good overall loadout, but no prison cell. The Hawk has the cell, but no cargo...
In your shoes, i would struggle with a real game play choice this early. Who knows what you will like later on?

Maybe we get huge cities calling for bounty hunters and the hawk will be the best choice here.
Maybe you like hunting a certain type of space pirate and need that quantum drive from the cutlass black/blue.
Or maybe you are fine with kill bounties and like to have better suited ships for pure combat.
Or you hate bounty hunting in the end and just want to blow up big ships with a medium fighter?

Forgot your password?