Best way to increase your UEC by game release

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I wouldn't spend money on ships based on an assumption.
Agreed. Buy ships if you actually want them.

If you buy ships because you think you can sell them later, then if for some reason you CAN'T sell them (entirely possible) you will be a sad panda.

In case you are not aware, you can unlock a token to buy the F8 in-game by playing Squadron 42.
IMO the best way to get F8 is to play Squadon 42.

We like to say TEST loves its starter ships, but in reality every member of TEST can fly an F8 if they only decide to play Squadron 42 and then farm some UEC with us once SC beta launches.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Do or do not, there is no try. Hueh hueh.

Like I said before... Ships are 100% the way to go to acquire UEC. Bigger ships = more UEC per dollar, confirmed by CIG.
You're looking at the in-game prices to BUY ships from NPCs, we still haven't a clue what the mechanic for selling them to NPCs will look like (how much of a loss?), much less how renting or selling to other players will look. Either way, if you're gambling on using ship sales to boost your initial in-game income I hope you have a lot of patience.

O-Lefty

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 12, 2016
RSI Handle
O-Lefty
You're looking at the in-game prices to BUY ships from NPCs, we still haven't a clue what the mechanic for selling them to NPCs will look like (how much of a loss?), much less how renting or selling to other players will look. Either way, if you're gambling on using ship sales to boost your initial in-game income I hope you have a lot of patience.
Sell to players.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Sell to players.
True, though you must also consider:

1. Purchaser must have enough UEC to buy the ships. The bigger the ship, the longer you will have to wait for people to earn that much.
  2. Have to wait on CIG to implement sales system between players which they may intentionally delay. (Unknown)
  3. Player-to-Player sales tax may be extremely high early on. (Unknown)
  4. Number of people trying to dump assets in the market initially may be very high, causing prices to plummet for an unknown period of time.
IMO it's true that selling to players is likely the best way to accumulate UEC, my point is that it almost certainly won't be possible for quite a while after launch. You'll be holding those for a long time but yes eventually you can probably sell to players as your best option.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
There's a little hiccup in the plan.... called: demand and supply

Selling to player wont give a better payment, player will never be able to set price on thing in game that can upset in game balance of economics.

It will give same price option as selling to a Dumpers, Used Dealer of some sort or a Buyers/Sellers market place where users gear, ship etc.. might be sold...

how ever they set that up.

Once thing is sure prices on ships or any other player sold item in game will be as for everything else.

Set after market value of demand and supply, controlled and set by the NPC not the users.

Example: Sell to may Aurora to one market and prices drop in that region might even drop under market value, or if there is to little Auroras buying one might cost to much and it ain't worth it.
This how ever can the player effect selling to much in one place make profit less and when it goes backup depend on if supply is less than demand if not, then price get stagnant.
So bunkring up on ship hoping to sell of to get rich fast might back fire A Lot, something to think about!

Work same as for hulling cargo if you find a valued route that triple your money it won't be your new money farming route, once demand is met the need for supply drops so does price payed.
to have a steady flow and not overflow the market you need to use the head this is how the game economic is designed or will be. (approximately)

Only 100% secure way to enhance your amount UEC as of the info we have now is buying a 5er$ worth UEC or more every month instead of a ship put the cash in to UEC.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/extras?product_id=41 <<---- That is 100% sure!

And every time you add UEC to your account it add to your aUEC ( AplphaUEC ) you have avail and can use as long as we have that in game.
So what ever UEC your account hold you never lose ass long as we're using aUEC
but it will be the aUEC you have avail when a wipe happen, which it does every new version live patch.

CHEERS!

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Even if you sell your ships to NPCs for 25% of the original cost in $ you're coming out ahead on everything but the smallest ships.
Yeah I hope so ha ha... but looking on prices set on ship in game now it sure looks so. : -D

Reactions: Scape

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I want to read this whole thread but don't have time right now, so forgive if someone has already said this, but IMHO the best for your buck you can get is the original release of any limited release ship. If you bought a Polaris when it first came out, you made money in game, whether you keep it or not. If you bought a Prowler, you made a LOT of money. Buying and selling limited release ships should be your best value, since the ships climb in price so dramatically at times.

Last edited:

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Ill bet the orion will earn more money over time than selling ships to players. I don't see a point in spending a bunch of real money for fake money in game as we dont even know what we can do with that money to begin with. I'm sure fame will play a part in what you are allowed to buy and from who. Also other star systems far away which have to be discovered will play another part. Last but not least will insurance transfer over during player sells. I obviously highly doubt it will so dont try to factor that in.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Think they have mentioned that a couple times the insurance will not transfer on ship sold in game that is bound to original owner, the new owner have to get their own.

CHEERS!

Reactions: Scape and Deroth

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
During beta and at release most people that'll have enough UEC to buy the more cost effective for resale ships will likely have them. So renting them out to other players at first then selling them to other corporations after a few months so they've had sufficient time to collect the necessary funds is how I suspect many will do it (keep in mind how long CIG has been indicating they want it to take for the average player to make their first million.)

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
During beta and at release most people that'll have enough UEC to buy the more cost effective for resale ships will likely have them. So renting them out to other players at first then selling them to other corporations after a few months so they've had sufficient time to collect the necessary funds is how I suspect many will do it (keep in mind how long CIG has been indicating they want it to take for the average player to make their first million.)
A good question is can you really rent your ships out to other players. That would seem to me as an in game option but not a player based one. Id lean more tword you can only sell the ships you have. I'm sure you could work out some sort of contract somehow(Where there is a will there is a way).

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
A good question is can you really rent your ships out to other players. That would seem to me as an in game option but not a player based one. Id lean more tword you can only sell the ships you have. I'm sure you could work out some sort of contract somehow(Where there is a will there is a way).
This is the closest I've been able to find to this, it is specifically for loaning of ships though:

http://scqa.info/?show=10FTC&episode=32&qid=7

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
After some reading, IMHO you should buy the ships you like to play in the game. Don't buy the ships that you think will be worth more in UEC (because you can sell it for more and simply buy the ships you like in-game). The following is what was asked in a recent Jump Point episode.

Jump Point: Will there be a variable market for used ships?
Jake Muehle: This is something that Chris definitely wants. A common design mechanic in games is to see account-bound items and equipment that are quite inflexible in terms of being able to resell and leverage economically. The goal for Star Citizen is to get rid of the artificial limitations of other games and have an economy where you can buy, sell, trade, steal, or even lose the things that you own.

This makes good sense to me, players cannot simply dump half their fleet in-game for UEC (without paying a deep penalty). From his answer above, they strongly believe that selling your account bound ships in-game will not be economical.

REF: here

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I feel really worried about you guys that have bought UEC outright, I think it will be so easy for CIG to devalue UEC in game at the click of a mouse if they find the economy needs it (i.e there are too many millionaires/billionaires in game). You might have a million UEC on your account, but what happens if at launch, a million UEC only buys you an aurora?

I sense major hurt coming.

I won't care as I never bothered buying bucket loads of UEC, I've got about 30k on my account and that's all I'll have at the start of the game!

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
I feel really worried about you guys that have bought UEC outright, I think it will be so easy for CIG to devalue UEC in game at the click of a mouse if they find the economy needs it (i.e there are too many millionaires/billionaires in game). You might have a million UEC on your account, but what happens if at launch, a million UEC only buys you an aurora?

I sense major hurt coming.

I won't care as I never bothered buying bucket loads of UEC, I've got about 30k on my account and that's all I'll have at the start of the game!
I agree with you 100%, I can't see someone paying $20 for a small 20k UEC. The way I see it, either they offer 200k UEC for $20 which people would purchase and therefore they could have some $$ flowing in. Or else they convert 1 UEC = 10 aUEC, basically making earning UEC 10 times harder to obtain (than Alpha) at release.

Edit: 7 bounty hunter missions will give you 20k and that takes literally 20 mins to do. Why would you pay $20 for something you can make in the game in 20 mins?

Last edited:
Forgot your password?