Best Weapon Configuration for Vanguard Warden ?

Zahina

Commander
Donor
Dec 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Zahina84
Hey guys !

I really enjoy flying and fighting with my Warden, but the standard loadout doesn't feel too strong against enemy ships.

To all Warden Vets...What is the m*****f****** deadliest configuration for this insane fighter ?

Thx Testies !

Zahina

Reactions: Trick Shot Bob

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Not many options atm, can choose between:

-M7A which does decent damage but sounds like a peeshooter,
-C-788 combine ballistic cannon which doesnt sync well in the PU and MP Swarms so kinda useless there
-Standard Revenant which does decent damage but has a spin up delay

Personally I use the revenant up close :)

DShKM

Commander
Dec 29, 2016
RSI Handle
iDShKMi
When I had the Hoplite for a few days I put the M7A on and can only recommend that. The Revenant took too long for my liking to deliver maximum dps (The barrel has a spin up time and the RoF also has a speed up time). It's around a solid second before you get max RoF. Good for stationary targets, but other than that not very good. Then again just the 4 Behring lasers already pack quite the punch.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I prefer the M7A on the nose. It tracks well with the other lasers in the front meaning solid hitting bursts from all guns to take down the target fast. I've played most of the ICC missions (only getting blown up on the last one with the warden doing something stupid) and it can take a pounding.

As for buying stuff in voyager direct for real cash vs electronic access for REC....I would rent right now. Still too much balancing to go for me to commit to buying unless you are REALLY into Arena Commander and are playing it most days of the week. What you buy now will most certainly not be what you get at launch. If you are looking at outfitting a ship for when SC goes live, I would wait to see how things play out. If you are wanting to outfit a ship for arena commander and you have other uses for your REC you absolutely need...I would still not buy it, but it's a tougher call.

BTW, if your other uses for REC is renting the same ship over and over, you might be better off buying the ship when it goes on sale. If your REC is used to rent multiple ships to see what you like, that's different and most definitely a good use for your REC. Remember though, ships will also change between now and launch. I suspect 4.0 will be a good indicator of what ships will be like (in a year or two), but even then, I would expect multiple balancing passes on ships and weapons with the first pass being the major re-alignment and subsequent passes being smaller and smaller tweaks

Zahina

Commander
Donor
Dec 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Zahina84
Thank you guys !

Will try the M7A + the Rattler Missles :)
I am a Imparator Subscriber...so I got 40.000 credits for electronic access.

To be honest I wont be playing too much Arena Commander...Only for train my flight skills. But for final release I want to equip my ships as good as possible.

Jadedwolf

Vice Admiral
Dec 30, 2016
RSI Handle
Jadedwolf
I also have the M7A and it's most awesome. I changed the sawbucks out in the turret to Omniski VI's tho, but rarely can get a gunner there. Frankly I loved my warden but prefer the hoplite as I tend to die less when doing an EVA. The wider ramp makes it easier. The damage mapping is pretty freaking good as well. here's a pic after a scuffle with pirate sabre and cutlass. Both are pretty OP in 2.6. I had shot both engines off the cutlass and had to keep shooting his floating hull till my guns nearly overheated before he exploded. The whole time he kept saying "well, you just messed up scav". Oh really? lol

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I also prefer the M7A. I seem to have a thing against ballistics though. Or rather, against having pips that are half a screen apart.
I seem to be getting a little bit better at being a pilot, so maybe that'll change. Haha.

Forgot your password?