Bethesda banning players in Fallout 76 for accessing secret room

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
I just checked @Montoya
The dislikes have began lol. How can a developer allow players to access an MMO cheat room? No dev can allow that, Ban fuck out of them

Reactions: Bambooza

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
I disagree, You have in your game, a room loaded with stuff, you don't want them to be in there. Fix that, then just roll back their characters or something. If you are so bad you included a resource in an online game you didn't want players to have access to, that is your own damn fault.

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
Personally I think it depends on how you got in there. Some folks glitched in there, others hacked. If you just glitched in there, no outside software or mods, then you can't ban them. That's on the developers. If you downloaded some third party hack, modded some files, whatever, then yes, enjoy the ban hammer. You clearly violated the terms of service.

Reactions: Bambooza and Scape

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Player auctions has been around a long time. I knew people in game who bought and sold account there for Everquest back in the early 2000s. So people buying and selling items there is very old hat. There was even a term, Idiot or eBay, that came about due to the large number of accounts being sold to players that didn’t know how to do the most basic things on their max level toon.

I think the problem is when people start hacking and stealing accounts/items so they can sell them on places like player auctions. Once it started taking up a lot of the customer service time to restore accounts/items/etc to the rightful owner, there was a backlash from the game companies and bans started coming out.

If someone is taking an item from a completely celled room (and if they can prove they got in from somewhere other than a teleport, this doesn’t apply), then Bethesda has the right to ban that person, especially if they sell those items for cash money

Reactions: Bambooza and Scape
Forgot your password?