BMM Hype!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Sure, and on some ships I fit an FR and a sukoran which is a nice combo.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Out of curiosity, why so many BMM? Tokens for bigger ships thanks to price jump?
Some yes, they are all or damn near close to $250 value BMMs, some will be tokens for others when the BMM gets a more of a price hike upon being flyable.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm a big fan of the Banu. I'm not going to lie, when CIG announced that they were going to completely re-concept the BMM, I got a knot in my stomach from the thought they would change everything about it that their statements & lore about it so far would be undone. I'm praying that for the most part they will take everything they've stated & do their best to either keep or upgrade it for the benefit of those that have supported the development through pledging for this ship before it was released into the Verse.

So now that the BMM is actually on the dev tracker, should I upgrade my LTI Prospector to the Defender for the potential symbiotic relationship the two ships may have?
Based on what's in the game presently & what I know of that is actively being worked on, I would not expect there to be much of a symbiotic dynamic between the Defender & BMM when it is initially released into the Verse. Their styling might be close due to them both being of the Banu, but that's most likely it for the initial release. This being said, sometimes CIG springs surprises on us. Personally, I suspect that the symbiotic benefit will be something along the lines of them having better speed & range when quantum jumping together.

• o7
Reactions: Deroth

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I thought I remember them saying the symbiotic relationship was nothing more than the Defender having a larger QT tank to fly longer distances to keep up with the Merchantman longer. No idea if that was ever a thing though, I might've heard some random person say that.

But I doubt we get something like full on ship to ship parasite docking like a Connie.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

TomcatTrader

Captain
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
TomcatTrader
I just bought myself a Carrack with 10 years insurance on May 31st, my 51st birthday, and I am really wanting a BMM but there is just SO much for me to appreciate in the Carrack. The drones, the medbay, decent cargo, repair room, garage AND hangar. Plus it is the defacto exploration ship. I really wish there was info on the BMM, a part of me just wants to melt the Carrack and buy the BMM so its in my buyback but then another part of me just wishes I would be satisfied with what I have.

My fleet consists of the Titan ILW and Carrack, both with 10 years insurance. Any thoughts on the matter?

P.S. Today I have my examination for 100% Disability (Ex-Navy Corpsman) please wish me luck!!! I'll let you all know how it goes when I get back later this afternoon.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I just bought myself a Carrack with 10 years insurance on May 31st, my 51st birthday, and I am really wanting a BMM but there is just SO much for me to appreciate in the Carrack. The drones, the medbay, decent cargo, repair room, garage AND hangar. Plus it is the defacto exploration ship. I really wish there was info on the BMM, a part of me just wants to melt the Carrack and buy the BMM so its in my buyback but then another part of me just wishes I would be satisfied with what I have.

My fleet consists of the Titan ILW and Carrack, both with 10 years insurance. Any thoughts on the matter?

P.S. Today I have my examination for 100% Disability (Ex-Navy Corpsman) please wish me luck!!! I'll let you all know how it goes when I get back later this afternoon.
I wish you the best of luck with your disability exam.

I don't advise purchasing the BMM itself during alien week as it'll only come with 6 months of insurance. If you're than inclined to have it sooner than later in your fleet, I'd purchase a CCU from something lower into the BMM. Then if that lower item is usually available in the store, you can upgrade an LTI token a step at a time towards that lower ship until you have it as the BMM. For instance, if you picked up a new Warbond Railen for $200 & a Warbond C2 to BMM CCU, then you's only be paying $250 now & the rest in segments later, but you would be saving yourself at least $50 as well as keeping your Carrack in your fleet. If you do this & then wait until the IAE at the end of Nov, you could save even more by making those segmented hops through Warbond deals there as well. Just remember that Warbond purchases are only made with new funds, gift cards & store creds don't work for them. I've learned that the hard way. lols

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
@TomcatTrader Everything that Talonsbane said. Sage advice. Commit it to memory, rent and crash an Aurora to commemorate.

To add, during IAE some of those warbond CCUs MAY come with an insurance upgrade as well. So keep an eye out for those. That's how I upgraded my game package ship to LTI.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I picked up a Prowler to BMM CCU for $10.

I love my Prowler, but I can always buy that back for the same price where as the BMM seems to get more expensive every few months.

Forgot your password?