BMM Price increase?

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
The longer it takes CIG to produce the BMM, the higher its price grows. The higher its price becomes, the larger & better it should become. Thus I'm hoping that at release the BMM will skyrocket to approx $1500 & be able to out compete with the Privateer in performance options in its features to offset that the Privateer has those landing pads as well as the shops.
Hear hear!
If this keeps up, BMM should be 1.6km long with S11 guns and able to solo Kingships by the time it comes out.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I was thinking more about its cargo stats. Will it really haul 3584 units in its final size?

But the advertised size 6 guns will be awesome!
Well, it very easily could. 1 SCU is 1.25*1.25*1.25 m. This means that 3584 SCU would take up 7000 cubic meters. Sounds like lot? It isn't. That's just a cube that's 19.13m*19.13m*19.13m. Or 19m*19m*19.4m to make it a bit prettier. Now, with BMM being 160m*160m*65m (LxWxH), fitting that sort of cube inside it wouldn't be all that difficult, even if you removed the wings and dead space from BMM dimensions you'd still have something like 80m*60m*40m (quick estimate) of perfectly usable internal space. Could very easily have like 40m*20m*10m cargo area, or make it 45m*25m*15m to make it bit more spacious with room to walk between the cargo and retrieve some containers from the back.

Other way you could consider 3584 SCU would be 16x16x14 single SCU boxes. Or like, 32x16x7 (LxWxH). The cargo hold could be divided to two columns, so 32x8x7 *2, these sides could then be divided to 4 rows, 8*8*7 *2 *4, the large containers are 2 SCU wide so having 2.5 SCU pathways columnwise would be pretty nice, rowwise I think it'd be enough to be able to just walk between them, let's say that's 1SCU worth. And you'd probably want to be able to move around them, so 2.5*3 extra space columnwise and 1*5 SCU extra rowwise. Giving a total of 37*23.5*8 (added bit space above as well) cargo area when measured in SCU boxes, or 46.25m*29.375m*10m. Round that up to 47m*30m*10m and it still fits very nicely within the BMM. Also pretty similar to what I figured when working solely with meters.

Or, were you wondering if it could be more than 3584 SCU? Yes, it could be more than 3584 SCU. We have some pictures where the cargo hold sort of expands slightly outside of the ship, if you did that I think you could double the height of the stored cargo, doubling the amount of cargo it could hold. Now, obviously they're not going to double the cargo it can hold, but it's not impossible. They could if they wanted but I doubt they will.

Lemming

Vice Admiral
Apr 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Anotherlemming
The longer it takes CIG to produce the BMM, the higher its price grows. The higher its price becomes, the larger & better it should become. Thus I'm hoping that at release the BMM will skyrocket to approx $1500 & be able to out compete with the Privateer in performance options in its features to offset that the Privateer has those landing pads as well as the shops.
I can see it going up to 700ish but not any higher then that

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I don't think this will happen 500 is already stretching it id see 600 at most. If they want to make a bigger ship above the 800 range its going to be a limited ship.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Well, it very easily could. 1 SCU is 1.25*1.25*1.25 m. This means that 3584 SCU would take up 7000 cubic meters. Sounds like lot? It isn't. That's just a cube that's 19.13m*19.13m*19.13m. Or 19m*19m*19.4m to make it a bit prettier. Now, with BMM being 160m*160m*65m (LxWxH), fitting that sort of cube inside it wouldn't be all that difficult, even if you removed the wings and dead space from BMM dimensions you'd still have something like 80m*60m*40m (quick estimate) of perfectly usable internal space. Could very easily have like 40m*20m*10m cargo area, or make it 45m*25m*15m to make it bit more spacious with room to walk between the cargo and retrieve some containers from the back.

Other way you could consider 3584 SCU would be 16x16x14 single SCU boxes. Or like, 32x16x7 (LxWxH). The cargo hold could be divided to two columns, so 32x8x7 *2, these sides could then be divided to 4 rows, 8*8*7 *2 *4, the large containers are 2 SCU wide so having 2.5 SCU pathways columnwise would be pretty nice, rowwise I think it'd be enough to be able to just walk between them, let's say that's 1SCU worth. And you'd probably want to be able to move around them, so 2.5*3 extra space columnwise and 1*5 SCU extra rowwise. Giving a total of 37*23.5*8 (added bit space above as well) cargo area when measured in SCU boxes, or 46.25m*29.375m*10m. Round that up to 47m*30m*10m and it still fits very nicely within the BMM. Also pretty similar to what I figured when working solely with meters.

Or, were you wondering if it could be more than 3584 SCU? Yes, it could be more than 3584 SCU. We have some pictures where the cargo hold sort of expands slightly outside of the ship, if you did that I think you could double the height of the stored cargo, doubling the amount of cargo it could hold. Now, obviously they're not going to double the cargo it can hold, but it's not impossible. They could if they wanted but I doubt they will.

I can see it having 3k storage. But I can also see them doing the same thing they did with the Kraken Privateer in that the storage or part of that storage is bespoke towards the shop space on the ship and thus not available for cargo hauling. In some ways it would fit with the lore as being a flying flea market, while there would be a uproar amongst some it would also open up opportunities for BMM captains to become trade hubs. Which would dovetail nicely into the proposed scavenge and pirate game play to allow players to sell to each other in game and not just to NPC merchants or external auction sites.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I can see it having 3k storage. But I can also see them doing the same thing they did with the Kraken Privateer in that the storage or part of that storage is bespoke towards the shop space on the ship and thus not available for cargo hauling. In some ways it would fit with the lore as being a flying flea market, while there would be a uproar amongst some it would also open up opportunities for BMM captains to become trade hubs. Which would dovetail nicely into the proposed scavenge and pirate game play to allow players to sell to each other in game and not just to NPC merchants or external auction sites.
Yeah, that'd make sense, to an extent.
Kraken having two different versions of it, the privateer and the... Kraken. Where the privateer replaces cargo hold 1 and cargo hold 2 with a market. And both of those are carriers to begin with, not cargo haulers.
Meanwhile BMM has always been classed as a heavy freighter which also features shops. It has always had this spacious cargo area in every design iteration, on top of having a separate bazaar and a room for negotiating bigger trades, presumably from the cargo hold which it overlooks.
So I'd imagine it'd be something like, 3k of the cargo capacity is in the hold and the shops have the remaining 0.6k capacity split between them. I'd also imagine that you can move items between the shops and the cargo hold, unless it's some sort of a situation where you... rent the shops out? But anyhow, I think onboard shop inventories are just cargo hauling with extra steps. Especially once we get to freely move cargo boxes around.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Its really going to depend on the utility. Its supposed to be a very self sufficient ship, capable of long journeys. A home in space.

Throw in some insane cargo space and its a pricey one!
true but the current way sales are working is once you hit 800 they become limited which in all honesty makes sense.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
I was thinking more about its cargo stats. Will it really haul 3584 units in its final size?

But the advertised size 6 guns will be awesome!
It might turn like the Privateer where the total cargo capacity is divided between pure cargo and shop cargo inventory. We know the BMM has one shop on board, but they never specified its dedicated cargo size, if any.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
And. . . it's now $500! Glad I still got that $20 Aquilla CCU for it!
Wait, $20 CCU from Aquila to BMM? Was that like a deal at some point or how'd that happen?

Forgot your password?