RSI Handle
WillemDefault

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
30min? Shit man, you said you would edit it down! :D

Great speaking with you, it was loads of fun, we should do it again soon!
You should do more interviews.. but completely change your answers. Perhaps grow a mustache and put on a hat.... disguise. But always be Montoya.. Glorious Leader of Test. Spread that dis-information ;)

Good work to the OP and.. well... I guess Montoya!

Reactions: KingNerd

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
You should do more interviews.. but completely change your answers. Perhaps grow a mustache and put on a hat.... disguise. But always be Montoya.. Glorious Leader of Test. Spread that dis-information ;)

Good work to the OP and.. well... I guess Montoya!
I agree with this totally. I want to see an interview where you are wearing a wig and fake mustache along with a large hat, look suspicious as hell, would pay to see it :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MzHartz

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I agree with this totally. I want to see an interview where you are wearing a wig and fake mustache along with a large hat, look suspicious as hell, would pay to see it :)
Or have interviews with other members. TEST isn't just Montoya. :p

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I fully agree with what you've said, as quoted above :)
Be serious for a minute, will you? There's no TEST without people - that's plural. Okay? Have you ever seen a one-man guild? It's a sad, sad thing to see.

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
Ah, I seem to have found myself in the section of the "guild" that's off limits to "ill never be serious have some beers, dry your tears" style of TEST that I enjoy. Let me go somewhere else and stop bothering you :(

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Ah, I seem to have found myself in the section of the "guild" that's off limits to "ill never be serious have some beers, dry your tears" style of TEST that I enjoy. Let me go somewhere else and stop bothering you :(
No, I'm a realist, and that means I tend to be a bit more serious than most. :p It's not a big deal, but it is my preference for people to answer my messages directly rather than with misleading humor that doesn't help advance the conversation.

Mainly because when you put words in my mouth, and try to make a joke of it, it kind of makes it hard for me to advance the conversation along. All I can do is either:
A) sit there and do nothing (and subsequently think that some people are idiots - and I then end up dismissing the entire discussion thread as irrelevant)
or, B) criticize, and make it clear that I want to actually have a constructive movement on the conversation.

Think about it. I'm trying to point out that it's NOT JUST MONTOYA that's in TEST, and we can make content about other people in TEST rather than just Montoya. TEST doesn't necessarily have to revolve around Montoya. That was the point of my comment, and you basically tossed that out the window with the baby and the bathwater - along with the kitchen sink. With just a single sentence.

It's just how I am. :|

EDIT: It's just like how CIG doesn't make it seem like Star Citizen revolves around Chris Roberts, by actually giving face time to other devs in the team. You know...Meet the Devs? Around the Verse? That kind of stuff. :|

Last edited:

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
It's just how I am. :| :|
Alright then straight answer. I fully understand where you're coming from and I didn't mean to make you feel like I didn't value what you're saying. I responded, which in turn means that I read what you wrote and in some way was acknowledging that your statement was made. I sometimes leave no comeback responses because that's just how I am. I don't know where I want this conversation to go or really have any place that I think it SHOULD be going. I don't want to start any arguments and I especially don't want any with you, I feel as if you're a member with high enough standing in the organization to warrant respect and I'm showing that to you now. That being said, TEST as a whole is obviously larger than just Montoya (though he is the most up front figurehead, bald head and funny accent that he has) but I also feel like you're stretching for glorification.

I don't know what anyone else does here beyond that shadow people make things work behind the scenes and they smile when you do catch a glimpse of them (along with making reference to beer and things of that nature) before disappearing into the ether again. If you want recognition given where it's due I think someone else should be told besides some random guy who's hanging in the wings and looking for things to laugh at. Please redirect your above responses and feelings towards those who can do something about shining a light on others inside the organization who deserve merit. I hope to one day have my name known to those in the know, those who are still sober on Friday nights and not falling out of their chair for everyone's entertainment but the string pullers. But I can't help you with what you're making statements about and I don't want to bear the brunt of your anger when I'm just making light jokes. It's not that I'm directly making comments to deride or degrade you. But I won't be doing interviews any time soon. So take that elsewhere please, no more venting on me?

OKTHANKSGOODBYENOW! :)

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Alright then straight answer. I fully understand where you're coming from and I didn't mean to make you feel like I didn't value what you're saying. I responded, which in turn means that I read what you wrote and in some way was acknowledging that your statement was made. I sometimes leave no comeback responses because that's just how I am. I don't know where I want this conversation to go or really have any place that I think it SHOULD be going. I don't want to start any arguments and I especially don't want any with you, I feel as if you're a member with high enough standing in the organization to warrant respect and I'm showing that to you now. That being said, TEST as a whole is obviously larger than just Montoya (though he is the most up front figurehead, bald head and funny accent that he has) but I also feel like you're stretching for glorification.

I don't know what anyone else does here beyond that shadow people make things work behind the scenes and they smile when you do catch a glimpse of them (along with making reference to beer and things of that nature) before disappearing into the ether again. If you want recognition given where it's due I think someone else should be told besides some random guy who's hanging in the wings and looking for things to laugh at. Please redirect your above responses and feelings towards those who can do something about shining a light on others inside the organization who deserve merit. I hope to one day have my name known to those in the know, those who are still sober on Friday nights and not falling out of their chair for everyone's entertainment but the string pullers. But I can't help you with what you're making statements about and I don't want to bear the brunt of your anger when I'm just making light jokes. It's not that I'm directly making comments to deride or degrade you. But I won't be doing interviews any time soon. So take that elsewhere please, no more venting on me?

OKTHANKSGOODBYENOW! :)

Heh. You can consider me an equal. I just have my pet peeves, like any other person. :)

And I wasn't angry, just a bit annoyed. Don't worry about it.

That said, you're right that nobody can really do anything about what I said - though I think we could probably put together a list of known content creators/contributors, and start up a poll for TEST-sponsored interviews.

That said, I'm not too worried about TEST members wanting to get recognition before the game is even out - there will be a metric fuckton (and I mean a metric fuckton) of opportunities for you, me, and any other member, to make a huge impact on TEST.

I'm only a longtime member of TEST, that's the only thing I have going for me.

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
That said, I'm not too worried about TEST members wanting to get recognition before the game is even out - there will be a metric fuckton (and I mean a metric fuckton) of opportunities for you, me, and any other member, to make a huge impact on TEST.
That's respect earned enough there, not just a long time member but a long time active member :) It will be a pleasure to fly and fight with you when the PU opens up. It is good to know that someone out there is serious when I need a serious wing man. You're on the list my friend! My very short, burned at the edges and taped in the middle friends list :)

Forgot your password?