But they said they've changed...

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
AA2 Announcement.png

But they said they went to MMO P2W counseling and learned to control themselves better. They said they loved us and want to make it work. They promised they would change and this time would be better...

Honestly though, that's kind of how I feel about XL games and Archeage. I have played that game off and on for years now. They keep saying they learned and will do better, but every version, every fresh start, and even the last Archeage Unchained were all just disappointments for far too many reasons.

Archeage, hands down, has had the best first month of any mmo I've played. That's why it's tied for the biggest online game disappointment I've experienced (tied with APB). The game is so full and amazing, but so completely ruined by the developer and publisher. I could go on and on about the amazing features and gameplay potential of this game, but I would just make myself sad. At the end of the day it has alot of amazing things going for it and they were almost all ruined by developer/publisher decisions.

It has so much potential, that I have gone back to check out each iteration and re-release. In addition to the day 1 release ("head start" release to be precise), I have played the first month or two of two fresh start servers as well as AA Unchained. Despite my complaints I really did enjoy them and felt my money was well spent. They just fall apart after that as the P2W gap starts increasing.

So even though history keeps repeating. Even though AA2 will probably be more of the same. Even though they are almost guaranteed to make bad decisions and ruin everything all over again, I'll be there. I'll complain, but I'll be there. That day one release experience makes it all worth while.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I played some Archage a while back to hang out with a friend. She & I had a falling out, so I stopped playing. I still have it in my steam library though. I just won't be any good at it for a while I'd wager. lols

Reactions: Bruttle
Forgot your password?