Buyback ins and outs

BlackWolff

Commander
Jul 17, 2017
RSI Handle
BlackWolff
Okay so I'm thinking about getting credits for some of my ships so that I could buy a bunch of others and put them on my buyback. Before I do that, though, I am trying to figure out how exactly does it work. Can I get credit for some ships today, buy some others, and the. Get credits for those? How fast can i flip the ones I purchased with credits so that I could buy other ships?

Thanks for all info

Reactions: Sraika

Uruwashii

Vice Admiral
Jan 24, 2016
RSI Handle
Uruwashii
As soon as you melt a ship you get the money credited to your account. The only issue I see is that you can only buy back when you have buy-back credits. I can't remember how often they credit those to account. I think it is every couple of months or so.

BlackWolff

Commander
Jul 17, 2017
RSI Handle
BlackWolff
As soon as you melt a ship you get the money credited to your account. The only issue I see is that you can only buy back when you have buy-back credits. I can't remember how often they credit those to account. I think it is every couple of months or so.

That's okay because I wouldn't need to buy back for a while. What I want to do is just get a ton of ships in my buyback list so that if I'll want them later, I could just get then back from my list. I'd only buy my things back much later though.

Reactions: BluePilote

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
Any upgrades applied are gone forever when you melt. For example, when you melt a ccu'd carrack (upgraded from a lti dragonfly) you only can buyback dragonfly.

BlackWolff

Commander
Jul 17, 2017
RSI Handle
BlackWolff
That is kind of unfortunate. I had to sacrifice my ccud Sabre but it's alright. I'll get one without LTI later. At least it's not an LTI Idris or something big.

Reactions: BluePilote

Elmy

Admiral
Feb 20, 2017
RSI Handle
Elmy-pcc
Buybacks can be bought back in two ways. 1 with store credits, but only with a buyback token. And that is only 1 per 3rd month I think. And it does not stack. So you can never have more then 1 buyback token EVER.(I think the next one is in January...)
The other way is buy using cash. That way has no limits. You can buy back everything that can be bought back anytime you want.
(Except certain packages with physical items being sold a long time ago and the amd game pack/ship that I do not remember the name of. Melt them and they are lost forever)
As been said here. Everything bought on rsi has a 24h melt cooldown.
And yes. All applied upgrades to ships being melted are lost forever.

Good luck :slight_smile:

BluePilote

Space Marshal
Jun 25, 2017
RSI Handle
BluePilote
Good luck with your melt and buyback

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
That is kind of unfortunate. I had to sacrifice my ccud Sabre but it's alright. I'll get one without LTI later. At least it's not an LTI Idris or something big.
You could buy the upgrade for sabre now then when a concept sale for something below a sabre with LTI comes out (Cough cough hawk). buy the base ship with lti and upgrade it back to sabre. You can toss a sabre ccu into your buyback also to buy back with credits later. you get 1 buyback token per quarter so use it wisely.

Reactions: Beerjerker

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
You can melt upgrades you haven't applied and buyback later, but if the price of ships increases or changes, these are no longer available for buyback. Example being: $55 CCU Hornet ($110) to Super ($165) melted is no longer available for buyback when Super increased to $180. So if you stow a Sabre CCU in your buyback and Sabre price increases, you can no longer get your CCU back.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. And, by the way, I haven't heard anything about Sabre increasing in price, just an example.

(EDIT: WRONG! Corrected in next post. Thanks, @Elmy !)

Last edited:
Reactions: Elmy

Elmy

Admiral
Feb 20, 2017
RSI Handle
Elmy-pcc
That is actually wrong. What happens is the price will increase to buy the upgrade back. Only ships and packages keep their prices.
The only time I'v seen upgrades being unavailable is if the upgrade after price adjustment goes negative.

Last edited:

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
That is actually wrong. What happens is that the price will increase to buy back that upgrade. Only ships and packages keep their prices.
The only time I'v seen upgrades being unavailable is if the upgrade after price adjustment goes negative.
Thanks, that makes more sense. I had a bunch of SH to Sabres in my buyback that went kaput awhile back.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Thanks, that makes more sense. I had a bunch of SH to Sabres in my buyback that went kaput awhile back.
yeah sometimes it can be beneficial sometimes it can hurt. I try to keep upgrades going in every direction and if i know for sure something is going to increase in price i keep the CCU on hand in my bag or buy them back just before the price increase.(Cutlass black, auilla, eclipse, possibly redeemer later). Then if i know something is going to increase i also buy the CCU into something higher and put it in my buyback so that when the price increases it closes the gap closer to the ship i want. This is how i ended up with a reclaimer that is worth 400 but has a melt of 260 usd. Ive got another upgrade path ready also as i still am holding onto my andromeda to BMM upgrade worth i think 25 usd melt value. Ive got a feeling BMM might get another price increase in the near future. If i play my cards right im going to have a huge discount on that path

Nox@35 melt(warbond-->Cutlassblack-->Andromeda-->BMM-->??? ship(might snag a hammerhead CCU before the end of this as i think its also going to increase) This is easily over 120 usd discount on any ship i want. things are complicated when you play the CCU game I think banu defender or 300 series might see some love to even if its only 5 usd so i might hold onto those CCU for that also. before the end of the sale i'll have a single path forward on those. the carrack, reclaimer, i think are stationary. I'm a CCU whore....

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
yeah sometimes it can be beneficial sometimes it can hurt. I try to keep upgrades going in every direction and if i know for sure something is going to increase in price i keep the CCU on hand in my bag or buy them back just before the price increase.(Cutlass black, auilla, eclipse, possibly redeemer later). Then if i know something is going to increase i also buy the CCU into something higher and put it in my buyback so that when the price increases it closes the gap closer to the ship i want. This is how i ended up with a reclaimer that is worth 400 but has a melt of 260 usd. Ive got another upgrade path ready also as i still am holding onto my andromeda to BMM upgrade worth i think 25 usd melt value. Ive got a feeling BMM might get another price increase in the near future. If i play my cards right im going to have a huge discount on that path

Nox@35 melt(warbond-->Cutlassblack-->Andromeda-->BMM-->??? ship(might snag a hammerhead CCU before the end of this as i think its also going to increase) This is easily over 120 usd discount on any ship i want. things are complicated when you play the CCU game I think banu defender or 300 series might see some love to even if its only 5 usd so i might hold onto those CCU for that also. before the end of the sale i'll have a single path forward on those. the carrack, reclaimer, i think are stationary. I'm a CCU whore....
I was keeping closer track of the CCU game back when I was trying to make up mind between SH and Sabre. Finally settled on Gladiator, lol. Maybe not the best of the best regarding capabilities, but I figured it might be the best one for me to have LTI on, even if it ends up spending most of it's life as a museum piece in my hangar.

With all the rumors of the Cutlass and its variants increasing in price (pretty sure it's all still just rumors), people might be planning out their future CCU strategies during this anniversary sale. Becoming a more common practice for boats to grow in price once they get into game (Reliant, Caterpillar), or even when they get significant work put towards them getting there (Carrack, Reclaimer). So melting Hawk to Cutlass CCUs might be a gamble if either of those has price changes down the line. The CCU game is more of a dice game than a twitch shooter.

Redeemer is another one I'd expect to increase in price when it returns from the factory. Might have some big changes too. I suspect, fingers crossed, it will get redesigned around being a drop ship for the titan suit. Just conjecture on my part, though.

Forgot your password?