Buying and swapping and LTI questions

Sportsvee

Commander
Sep 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Sportsvee
Greetings all,
Still pushing my shit uphill learning about the game, but have a few questions so I don't waste my dosh.

I'm looking at getting an Avenger Titan but that only has 6 months insurance and it's the same price as the 85X.

So......can I just buy an 85X and then swap it for the Titan to get one but with LTI? Or is there another way to do that?

I hear people talk about melting etc, WTF is that all about?

Cheers in advance folks.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
You have the right idea. You need to get the 85X first and then get a CCU to the Avenger Titan. Since both are the same price it will be a $0.00 upgrade and then you will need to apply the upgrade. It'll be located in your Hangar on the site.

Melting is simply getting rid of a ship or pledge and exchanging it for store credit which can be used toward the purchase of other ships or what have you.

Beware, if you melt your only package, or don't have one at all, you can't play the game.

p.s. Check your signature image code. Its not working

Reactions: AstroSam and Shiwaz

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Greetings all,
Still pushing my shit uphill learning about the game, but have a few questions so I don't waste my dosh.

I'm looking at getting an Avenger Titan but that only has 6 months insurance and it's the same price as the 85X.

So......can I just buy an 85X and then swap it for the Titan to get one but with LTI? Or is there another way to do that?

I hear people talk about melting etc, WTF is that all about?

Cheers in advance folks.

TLDR yes

Melting means removing a ship from your ship hangar and getting an equal dollar amount back in credits. You can do that here on the RSI site.

You can apply credits with any purchase at checkout. So buy an 85X, buy this upgrade, apply it and you now have an LTI Avenger Titan for 0 more dollars put in.

Reactions: AstroSam

Sportsvee

Commander
Sep 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Sportsvee
TLDR yes

Melting means removing a ship from your ship hangar and getting an equal dollar amount back in credits. You can do that here on the RSI site.

You can apply credits with any purchase at checkout. So buy an 85X, buy this upgrade, apply it and you now have an LTI Avenger Titan for 0 more dollars put in.
Cheers for that, I think I've done it.......
Off to check now.

Again, thank you.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Remember, when you buy something like the 85X and upgrade, you just upgrade the ship. The insurance, the extras, the hanger that are associated with the other ship you are upgrading to do not come with. So, for something like the 85x that does not have a hanger associated with it, you won't get a different hanger for that ship.

Example, ship XYZ comes with a Revel and York hangar. If you buy an 85x and upgrade to XYZ, you will not get the Revel and York Hangar. You will only have whatever hangars your other ships have.

Now, I've melted and re-purchased a LOT of ships this week to get them up to LTI. That also means I've lost one hangar type. Just be sure you don't lose something you want to keep...

Reactions: AstroSam

Sportsvee

Commander
Sep 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Sportsvee
Remember, when you buy something like the 85X and upgrade, you just upgrade the ship. The insurance, the extras, the hanger that are associated with the other ship you are upgrading to do not come with. So, for something like the 85x that does not have a hanger associated with it, you won't get a different hanger for that ship.

Example, ship XYZ comes with a Revel and York hangar. If you buy an 85x and upgrade to XYZ, you will not get the Revel and York Hangar. You will only have whatever hangars your other ships have.

Now, I've melted and re-purchased a LOT of ships this week to get them up to LTI. That also means I've lost one hangar type. Just be sure you don't lose something you want to keep...
Cheers for the post.
The aim was to get a Titan BUT with LTI. So I got 2 85X craft and upgraded 1 to the Titan. Are you saying, doing it this way and NOT melting means it won't have the LTI?

Naturally when I went back into the game afterwards I couldn't see anywhere if it was LTI or not. Bugger.

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
Cheers for the post.
The aim was to get a Titan BUT with LTI. So I got 2 85X craft and upgraded 1 to the Titan. Are you saying, doing it this way and NOT melting means it won't have the LTI?

Naturally when I went back into the game afterwards I couldn't see anywhere if it was LTI or not. Bugger.
What he's saying is that your upgraded ship will retain its previous insurance. For instance if you have a ship with one year insurance and upgrade it to another ship--let's say the 85x which current;y comes with LTI--it will still have the one year insurance. If you upgrade a ship that has LTI to any other ship it will retain its previous insurance and still have LTI.

Put simply, Getting the 85x LTI and upgrading it to the avenger will work to get you an LTI avenger.

Reactions: Sportsvee

Sportsvee

Commander
Sep 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Sportsvee
What he's saying is that your upgraded ship will retain its previous insurance. For instance if you have a ship with one year insurance and upgrade it to another ship--let's say the 85x which current;y comes with LTI--it will still have the one year insurance. If you upgrade a ship that has LTI to any other ship it will retain its previous insurance and still have LTI.

Put simply, Getting the 85x LTI and upgrading it to the avenger will work to get you an LTI avenger.
Perfect, clear as mud now. Thank you.
So I haven't stuffed up then. Phew.

Forgot your password?