calling all pro-level FPS players

rtmoose

Captain
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
rtmoose
do you have experience in competitive FPS?

are you hardcore?

do you play with a shitbucket?

do you like beer?

if you answered yes to any of these questions I WANT YOU...

(you might just be holding my beer....)

post your FPS history/experience here and indicate if you would be interested in being part of a FPS squad (if and when required)

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Define "pro".

I've been playing FPS games for like, ever, but I wouldn't consider myself "pro".
I mean, I played BF1942 back when it was new, and before that I was playing doom, quake and Duke Nukem 3d. I play BF4 , red orchestra 2, payday 2, and ghost recon: phantoms, and planetside 2 now, so FPS combat is kind of a thing for me, even if I'm not "pro".

rtmoose

Captain
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
rtmoose
ok.. are you a terrible shitbird who thinks a 2 kdr is "good"?

do you get hackusated?

do you wade through swarms of casuals like you are playing teh campaign on "easy"??

if no you can still hold my beer

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
i played doom and quake multiplayer, half-life deathmatch, counterstrike when it was beta mod, every good FPS since 15 years.... but i'm still shitty.
sry :P

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Meh, never played more than 300 hours in any FPS. They're too predictable on a competitive level. Same gear, same role, same tactics, same game after so many sequels.

I much prefer games with a little more emphasis on tactical preparation, and that allow for a more varied load out, even in high level competition. It's also nice if there is enough of a progression system to keep me playing after several thousand hours. Keeps things fresh.

Last edited:

Rids-frinic

Vice Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Rids-frinic
Let's see... FPS history
played quake, doom, and duke nukem when i was around 8-12 yo.
After that i got half-life when it came out which got me into counter-strike.
Got into battlefield 1942 after that, played desert combat mod as well as galactic conquest.
played BF2-4 and some COD on the side though i stopped playin that after MW2.
Use to play America's Army for a bit and the old rainbow six and ghost recon games back when they were still fps'
Does dayz count as an fps sort of? or is it just a simulator for plotting murder against people who should never have trusted you in the first place?
Currently gettin into PS2 but still gettin the hang of it.
Kicked some serious ass in starsiege tribes and tribes 2.

Now, am i actually any good? Sometimes... When tribes ascend came out, i could hold a good 10:1 kd ratio. in other games i get my shit pushed in. I can't compete with those damn koreans in counter-strike even though i'm half korean. fucking koreans....
I can proudly say that on a few occasions i have been accused of using and aimbot or wall hacks. But not too often.

Will i hold your beer? Ultraguido can speak for me.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Hey hey hey, are you calling us inept?
Because it's not untrue, but I don't like it when you say it all out loud and in public and stuff.

rtmoose

Captain
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
rtmoose
public?

this is where we can speak without others hearing

and no.. far from inept.. we are experts at being bad.

by the way which eye do i look you in?

Kovakx

Lieutenant
Jun 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Kovakx
Doom, Quake, Day of the Triad in the old days, more recently
N64: Golden Eye
Xbox: Halo
Xbox: Halo 2
Xbox: Phantom Crash (more 3rd person than FPS)
Xbox: Ghost Recon (2?) damn I loved that as a squad based game in Hardcore)
PS3: Bad Company 2
PS3: Modern Warfare 2 (I think)
PS3: Battlefield 3
PS3: The Last of Us (more 3rd person than FPS - probably mentioned this else where, but one of the finest multiplayer games out there)
PC: Battlefield 3
PC: Battlefield 4
PC: Planetside 2 (Just learning that one, pretty terrible)
PC: Metro Lastlight (still on the campaign)
PC: Sniper Elite 2 (still on the campaign)

For any of the BF series I have the same player name of Kovakx so you can see the stats, I'm not great, not bad. I don't rage quit and typically play through a game no matter the odds, I'm not as good with a PC as I am a console, but then I have played consoles almost exclusively for the last 15 years. I love getting kicked if only as it partially validates what must now be 1000's of hours of play time; it doesn't happen often enough though ;). Having me on the Battlefield is the equivalent of deploying a meat shield for the troops. :D

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Rise of the Triad and other DOS FPS games
N64 Goldeneye
Halo 1-3
C&C Renegade
Star Wars: Battlefront 1,2
Duke Nukem, like all of them except Forever.

My selection of games is small but I'm a great sniper and heavy weapons user. Just point me in the direction I need to fire and watch our enemies fall when they step on a rocket.

Funny story my friend got Halo 1 when it first came out and wanted me to play so he came over and handed me the controller and I bumbled around(I had never used a controller with 2 sticks before) and was looking at the ground for about 2 hours or so most of the time and whenever I did happen to manage looking straight he was somehow always about to die and I'd kill the Elite or whatever was killing him with whatever weapon I had which at the time he gave me the heavy weapons so he could be the frontline and soon became fearful of me as I'd shoot them at his enemies......from behind him.....and always narrowly miss him. Then he started hanging back more. It was fun stuff.

More stuff, After that bridge in Halo 2 I sat back while watching all those Banshees that cover the entrance underground and 2 shot all of them from long range in the tank. Was great.

Zaraphandox

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Zaraphandox
I've played,

Doom (All of them)
Quake (All of them)
Duke Nukem (All but Forever)
Warhammer 40k: Fire Warrior
Star Wars: Battlefront 1 & 2
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Battlefield (Almost all of them)
Serious Sam (All but BFE)
Red Faction (All but Armageddon)
Golden Eye 007
Planetside 1 & 2
Rainbow Six (All of them, even though it isn't exactly a FPS)
Ghost Recon (All but Predator)
Aliens Vs Predator
Half Life (All of them including Black Mesa)
Unreal Tournament (All of them)
Borderlands 1 & 2
Wolfenstein (All of them)
Counter Strike (All of them)
Crysis (All of them)
Medal Of Honor (All but Heroes)

Played a good bit more than these, but I think that's enough.
Damn fuckin straight I wanna be in an FPS squad.

Forgot your password?