Camural's 3.3.0 New missiles and torpedo damage! phys/therm/bio

Camural

Commander
Oct 18, 2018
RSI Handle
Camural
I noticed on the PTU 3.3.0 that ships took damage even though the shields were above zero.
Yesterday I started my 3.3.0 ship toughness tests and noticed the same thing.
Before 3.3.0 ships never took damage from missiles and torpedoes as long as the shield were above zero (with a very few exceptions).
In 3.3.0 missiles and torpedoes have new damage types: phys + therm and a few have bio.
Maybe this is the reason ships now take damage with shields still at 30%?

I made a video to illustrate the changes:
View: https://youtu.be/z5hOvRubYNI

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Thanks so much for this! It is interesting and even though nothing is in stone, it helps to know where CIG is headed.

I also want to thank you for making your vids SHORT. It's hard to justify 15-20 minutes of time for a vid and then feel most of it was wasted by the videographer's need for self-agrandizement. I much appreciate you value your audiences's time and use it well!

Any hope you can test some Arrester's with and without shields and see if shields stop spiking and distortion? This is vital when choosing betweem distortion scatterguns, spike misslies and EMPs. I think so far shields do no help against an EMP, but it would be great to see what CIG is really doing.

It appears to me, that since CIG changed Distortion weapons from "cannos" that blannket an area, to "scatterguns" that fire many projectiles across an area, that they intend those pellets to penetrate shileds, and I think what we will see is this return that only energy weapons are thwarted by shields. Just hoping, but makes good sense and this is what they had said originally.

Camural

Commander
Oct 18, 2018
RSI Handle
Camural
Thanks so much for this! It is interesting and even though nothing is in stone, it helps to know where CIG is headed.

I also want to thank you for making your vids SHORT. It's hard to justify 15-20 minutes of time for a vid and then feel most of it was wasted by the videographer's need for self-agrandizement. I much appreciate you value your audiences's time and use it well!

Any hope you can test some Arrester's with and without shields and see if shields stop spiking and distortion? This is vital when choosing betweem distortion scatterguns, spike misslies and EMPs. I think so far shields do no help against an EMP, but it would be great to see what CIG is really doing.

It appears to me, that since CIG changed Distortion weapons from "cannos" that blannket an area, to "scatterguns" that fire many projectiles across an area, that they intend those pellets to penetrate shileds, and I think what we will see is this return that only energy weapons are thwarted by shields. Just hoping, but makes good sense and this is what they had said originally.
Thanks, glad you find it interresting. I do use time lapses and cuts in my videos. This was a short one where I just talk, though. Right now I have tons of ideas for videos/trests and little time since I have a job. I will try to look into this but want to finish my 3.3.X toughness and EMP tests first.

Forgot your password?