Can you add a referral code to an old account?

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha
Hi folks,

A friend of mine is going to purchase start citizen, he will use me as a referral code. This will mean that i have two super awesome people referred to SC.

I would love to have a 3rd referral but i dont know any more people interested but i dont have a referral for my own account. Does anyone know if you can add a referral code to your own account? im already a backer from before the referral program and i couldnt see a way to do this on my account.

if you can i was thinking of trying a referral code sawp with someone so we both get the 5k uec and ill have 'gimbals and guns'.

All the best

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
I *think* it's only available when starting a new account
As Blind says, it looks like you can only do this for new accounts, and there's some logic there in that the scheme is designed to encourage us to pull new bodies into the community. I've set up a second account as a test and can see where you associate the code. It would surprise me greatly if any facility to add that a later time exists.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
here is my referral code: STAR-L7S3-NNCX xD i just want the badges you get for referring one person :P

Reactions: Blind Owl

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha
I tried and failed :(

Hi Sintha,

Thank you very much for contacting us.

In order for the referral process to be successful the following steps must be followed:

• A game package must be purchased directly from the new account (gifting does not count)
  • A new user must enlist a fresh account using the referral code (connects the account in the referral system and grants initial enlistment bonus)
  • The Referral code is entered via account creation, shown below:

Unfortunately we are unable to apply these retroactively, after an account has been created and are not able to work around these requirements as it is a global system configuration, I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

All the best,

Reactions: Varku and Blind Owl
Forgot your password?