Canadian Women's Hockey

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
To our Canadian members. Your women's team put up one heck of a battle and they never gave up. They went through 3 periods in regulation, and one overtime, before heading into a shootout where it's anyone's game. This was an EPIC game and the athletes from both countries both wanted gold badly, and they both deserved gold from the play they demonstrated. I know there is a lot of nonsense in the media about the silver being taken off, but I can understand her frustration. She is a competitor, and nothing would have satisfied her but first place. It's that desire that pushes teams like the Canadian Women's team to even be in the place where they can win gold in the Olympics.

So, congratulations to the Canadians for one of the best dang games of hockey I have ever seen and to the team for their tremendous fighting spirit. If there was ever a competition where both sides deserved gold, it was this one.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I agree, but I also feel that the person that removed her medal in protest owes her teammates an apology for her poor sportsmanship being reflected on them by her being a part of them. I say that those with honor deserve the gold as well. She deserves a cold shower to cool her ego.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?