Trading Cargo haulers rejoice! (3.8 spoiler)

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Yes my big rig friends, we have a reason to rejoice in Star Citizen.

Now when a 30k hits, you no longer lose your ship (you and it automatically respawn back at the last port you visited with EZ Habs), and more importantly...CARGO IS PERSISTENT! Yes, you heard right, now when the server drops, you do not lose your hard earned cargo.

Go forth and trade!

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Unfortunately, the OP is not correct in all cases. Had a 30k in orbit of Hurston. When I came back it was in "stanton" and I needed to claim my freelancer Max, and all my cargo was lost.

Hopefully, this will continue to be worked on and the ship and cargo will be persistent.

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Unfortunately, the OP is not correct in all cases. Had a 30k in orbit of Hurston. When I came back it was in "stanton" and I needed to claim my freelancer Max, and all my cargo was lost.

Hopefully, this will continue to be worked on and the ship and cargo will be persistent.

Well crap, I have not had alot of time to test it, I was going off a report on Supermacbros, but it has since been removed. I am now officially bummed. That will learn me to check my sources deeper, though SMB is usually pretty spot on.

Last edited:

NinjaL

Grand Admiral
Nov 29, 2018
RSI Handle
Tokyo_Cowboy
I had my cargo persist too. Game crashed while slow boating to PO. Logged back in on a different server, and my beerfarer with it's full cargo laod and I were at a reststop. I plan on stopping at rest stops after I load up planetside before I QT to my final destination to be safe.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker

So you put a claim on your ship? If you claim a ship it just spawns a brand new factory copy, which would wipe anything thats in your cargo bay even if it was stored safely elsewhere.

Unless I'm reading you wrong.

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
It's still a hit and miss. I'm sure they will correct it by the time it goes live.
20 or so times I crashed, I would say 7 ish times I got back to the ship in the approximate location intact. 4 of those times I appeared in the same location but no ship, either just floating in space or falling to a planet.
Twice it allowed me to choose which port to go to but never had cargo so I don't know. The rest just end up at the last re spawn site and the ship has to be reclaimed.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
this is really good news

reliable connections to the persistence data store have implications that go far beyond ships and cargo

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
So how is this doing these days? I am a Space Trucker in ED more than anything else these days as it's easy to do while WFH. Is Space Truck Simulation even possible yet? Sorry for noob question but been out of the loop for a while and I did manage to get a Caterpillar and Freelancer MAX so that sorta means I have to do space truckin' if possible.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Dont put all your cash in a single cargo run that's the best advice I can give you with current state of the game ;) And if possible, do not fly alone if in a big fatty juicy cargo ship ;)
After you can use some trade planners calculator, there are 3 established ones on the net, not always up to date but it will help you plan a cargo run to maximize profit over time.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Dont put all your cash in a single cargo run that's the best advice I can give you with current state of the game ;) And if possible, do not fly alone if in a big fatty juicy cargo ship ;)
After you can use some trade planners calculator, there are 3 established ones on the net, not always up to date but it will help you plan a cargo run to maximize profit over time.
Copy that. Good to know it's actually possible to space truck in 3.14, kinda, sorta still. Thank you for the advice V.

Reactions: Blind Owl

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
I had my cargo persist too. Game crashed while slow boating to PO. Logged back in on a different server, and my beerfarer with it's full cargo laod and I were at a reststop. I plan on stopping at rest stops after I load up planetside before I QT to my final destination to be safe.
If and when they fix this no mobiglas bug I am going to try the whole rest stop idea. If its persistent it would be wise to have a port for the cargo to have last been at for it to spawn with the ship. :like:
Gives me something to look forward to should SC get around to helping we poor naked without mobiglas fools out. :o7:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Copy that. Good to know it's actually possible to space truck in 3.14, kinda, sorta still. Thank you for the advice V.
Sort of is the best word for it. The other thing to keep in mind is the inventory/demand refresh rates even if the trade route looks profitable it can be a beast to get enough units to fill your ship or take hours to offload it given how the market currently functions. It's not made clear if the market supply/demand numbers are for a region or for all servers, but either way, it's entirely possible to fly to a high yield low profit per unit site have no one else around and find the supply gone and each refresh its gobbled up quickly.

Forgot your password?