Trading Cargo haulers rejoice! (3.8 spoiler)

Orfaeus

Vice Admiral
Aug 12, 2021
RSI Handle
Orfaeus
Dont put all your cash in a single cargo run that's the best advice I can give you with current state of the game ;) And if possible, do not fly alone if in a big fatty juicy cargo ship ;)
After you can use some trade planners calculator, there are 3 established ones on the net, not always up to date but it will help you plan a cargo run to maximize profit over time.
Would you be able to point us in the direction of those calculators/websites. I want to get into the hauling idea, but have no idea really where to start

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Saw a youtube video today that there was a patch of sorts for the current release that fixed a lot of trading issues. So off I went in a MSR to test some local legal routes and sure enough It worked. Off again in the Hurc C2 and I was able to pad some spasos into the account. Just sharing a pleasant surprise with you intoxicated mutants :o7:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Saw a youtube video today that there was a patch of sorts for the current release that fixed a lot of trading issues. So off I went in a MSR to test some local legal routes and sure enough It worked. Off again in the Hurc C2 and I was able to pad some spasos into the account. Just sharing a pleasant surprise with you intoxicated mutants :o7:
After the C2 was released, I managed to make a full haul of cargo that consisted of scrap, granted, it took multiple server log ins to gather that & then a few log ins to actually sell it all at PO, but I got it done. I barely made any profit & all in all it wasn't worth the time to repeat, but at least it got done. So I'm glad that CIG is finally helping unscrew the enjoyment of us cargo hauling fans that they'd nerfed.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
I admit I was a bit covert on details to protect my route until I try as many commodities and locations as possible but I bought a full load of scrap at the orbital and sold it all at a scraper for just under 30k profit. Bought some medical supplies(always hard for me to sell so only 20scu) along with some agricultural supplies at a research lab and wondered off to a growery where I sold 10 scu of the meds and all of my ag supplies. Picked up processed food and went back to the orbital port and sold them all along with the remaining med supplies.
All this in the C2 fully loaded.
I did try a drug route only once but could not buy anything at Ravens. It showed up as available but would not complete the transaction regardless of attempts. I then proceeded with the run I noted above before chalking it up to the server so I don't know where or what the hiccups are.
Im no trucker but am looking forwards to some of the gangs posted experiences and trying a bit of a walk about in the verse...Most fun I have had in a spell :o7:

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I recently saw a post in Spectrum that CIG did a server tweak on LIVE to improve the production and consumption rates of trade goods, I do not know by how much, but at least it is a step in the correct direction to bring trading back...though it feels kind of pointless with it all getting wiped SOON™.

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Nice refresh rate :o7: ....Went out and filled a C2 then stored her and flew out the Carrack and filled her up as well,..both with Med sups....Took a little time(not long) to sell off the two ships loads and add some bank... :o7:
Thank you, thank you SC:like:

Forgot your password?