Carrack Facts

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
Hi All, 🍻

I've been TESTing the Carrack and thought it may be worth creating the Carrack Facts thread, as fellow TESTies may be interested, especially those who own one or plan to use one.
We may re-number or group the facts later.

What I was testing this time is how much does it cost to fill the Carrack up with Quantum Fuel and how long does it take to fill it up to the full tank.

The Carrack has the capacity of 44,000 units of Quantum Fuel. I've used up all but 4,495.34 units and it cost me 2,667 to fuel to full, and it took 4:37.57 (4 minutes 37 seconds) to fuel it up.

This, some math, and some beer (to avoid margin of error) gives us some facts:

- Fact 1: It costs 2,970.485 aUEC to fill up full 44,000 units of Quantum Fuel (in alpha 3.9.1).
- Fact 2: The cost of 1 Quantum Fuel unit is 0.067511 aUEC.
- Fact 3: For 1 aUEC you can buy 14.8124 units of Quantum Fuel.
- Fact 4: it takes 5 minutes and 9 seconds to fill Carrack's Quantum Fuel tank up from empty to full.
- Fact 5: The fill rate is 8,539.394 Quantum Fuel units per minute. This is about 5 times faster than the consumption rate for the most thirsty Quantum Drive (TS-2), and also the fastest one.

The above may also help you to calculate the time and cost for other ships, - should be accurate given large numbers used to calculate results for the Carrack.

Speaking about the Quantum drives. The one installed by default, Agni, is the most fuel efficient Quantum Drive in this size, and can be very handy if you travel far away from fuel stations, in which case distance you can cover matters the most. The downsides are slow speed, slow spawn and cool down times (but may not be as critical if you are exploring). The one you may opt to install to travel as fast as possible is the TS-2 mentioned above, if Quantum fuel is accessible and not expensive. TS-2 is the fastest Quantum Drive, but is consumes the most fuel per unit of distance. So, once you have filled your Quantum Fuel tank:

- Fact 6: Agni can take you 1.2 billion kilometers (1,218,836,565 km), which is about 8.15 astronomical units or 0.00004 parsec or 0.0013 light years. This is about 20 times from Crusader to MicroTech with 1 trip costing only about 148 aUEC.
- Fact 7: Agni will take 5 and a half hours to go the full 1.2 billion kilometers,
- Fact 8: TS-2 can take you 310 million kilometers (310,515,172.9 km), which is about 2.08 astronomical units or 0.00001 parsec or 0.0003 light years. This is almost 4 times less than Agni can take you, only about 5 times from Crusader to MicroTech with 1 trip costing about 750 aUEC.
- Fact 9: TS2 will take 25 minutes to go the full 310 million kilometers. TS-2 is 3.4 times faster than Agni.

- Fact 10: If a Cutlass Red rams your Carrack, they explode and you don't.

- Fact 11 (Needs more TESTing): If 600i rams you, you both survive and you get damaged to red. Something else rammed my Carrack so that it flipped and was damaged to red, but I'm not sure what that was, - could have been a 600i flying around. Cost me 3,620 aUEC to repair in 2 steps.

Some proofs:

Quantum Fuel left 4,495.34

ScreenShot6768.jpg

Cost of Quantum Fuel to Full Tank:

ScreenShot6769.jpg

Cutlass Red ramming the Carrack:

ScreenShot6765.jpg

Bonus: Carrack looking at AA-Turret making it feel uncomfortable.
ScreenShot6740.jpg

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
it took 4:37.57 (4 minutes 37 seconds) to fuel it up.
Okay, now you have me going crazy here.
All I hear is beep, beep, pump, pump sounds. How do you know when it is full (and exactly when it starts to fuel the ship)?
Scratching head...... LOL

btw - You are really going to love 3.10 Don't ask.NDA

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Hehe great fun facts. I love my carrack.

One thing to bare in mind though is quantium fuel price is currently waaaaaaay low. It's going to be much more expensive in the distant future I believe. It's basically free to travel, that would not be the case in any concievable realistic way would it, and at this current price there is no fuel mechanic, who's gonna go out in a starfarer and spend 2 hours getting and refining like 400uec worth of fuel?

It must go up!!

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
All I hear is beep, beep, pump, pump sounds. How do you know when it is full (and exactly when it starts to fuel the ship)?

But how can I know if I don't ask!?

As for knowing when full, I think the ship computer will say some message about quantum fuel full.

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan

When you select which services you want (e.g. refuel quantum) and click confirm, hit F2, which will take you to Star Map, where you will see exactly how much Quantum Fuel units you have, as well as how they fill up. There you will see how the meter approaches the limit (44,000 for Carrack) and can see exactly when numbers start going up and stop, which is more accurate than looking at % meter on the HUD.

Mastersan

Space Marshal
Aug 14, 2017
RSI Handle
Mastersan
Hehe great fun facts. I love my carrack.

One thing to bare in mind though is quantium fuel price is currently waaaaaaay low. It's going to be much more expensive in the distant future I believe. It's basically free to travel, that would not be the case in any concievable realistic way would it, and at this current price there is no fuel mechanic, who's gonna go out in a starfarer and spend 2 hours getting and refining like 400uec worth of fuel?

It must go up!!
I also believe that the price of Quantum Fuel will go up significantly. That is why I've compared the fastest and the most fuel efficient Quantum Drives. At this stage I feel players think Carrack default Quantum Drive is the worst (as it's the slowest), but I think it's actually the best for exploration in the long run.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
But does having a full tank of quant make the explosion bigger when you, well, explode? These are the facts we really need to know!

Reactions: Mastersan
Forgot your password?