Carrack? Let’s rework that.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Indeed this shows a bit of confusion given what was shown in the keynote doesn't match the version shown in ship talk. But you have to remember unless you where there most of us did not see ship talk until this weekend and even then there is a huge disconnect. Is the keynote one the current model or is the ship talk one the current model.
I believe that the keynote model was their current stable model of it while the ship talk version is the version that it's moving towards next since it is clearly more detailed.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Ok, so last night Ataleena & I went to a local Bar Citizen event here in Las Vegas. The gentlemen that were hosting it were from the Philly & NJ area & wanted to host an event here while they were in town for the Amazon Re:Invent event that's going on this week. Towards the end of the event 3 of the CIG Dev-Ops team showed up. They were incredibly cool to chat with. I asked them for their opinion on the Carrack looks issue & asked if they either knew anything or would be able to speculate. They asked what the issues where, so I told them as many of the things that I knew from this thread as well as telling them my theory. They agreed that their best bet would be that my theory was probably either close or correct since the Carrack is a long way from being flight ready for Verse release. They also pointed out that there wasn't a crash during the game play demo while the Carrack was being used as possible proof. So there you go everybody, you can relax about the Carrack. More than likely it will turn out closer to the original concept, but with the modifications to the landing gear that has been displayed in the side panel show this year.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Ok, so last night Ataleena & I went to a local Bar Citizen event here in Las Vegas. The gentlemen that were hosting it were from the Philly & NJ area & wanted to host an event here while they were in town for the Amazon Re:Invent event that's going on this week. Towards the end of the event 3 of the CIG Dev-Ops team showed up. They were incredibly cool to chat with. I asked them for their opinion on the Carrack looks issue & asked if they either knew anything or would be able to speculate. They asked what the issues where, so I told them as many of the things that I knew from this thread as well as telling them my theory. They agreed that their best bet would be that my theory was probably either close or correct since the Carrack is a long way from being flight ready for Verse release. They also pointed out that there wasn't a crash during the game play demo while the Carrack was being used as possible proof. So there you go everybody, you can relax about the Carrack. More than likely it will turn out closer to the original concept, but with the modifications to the landing gear that has been displayed in the side panel show this year.
Hopefully, Friday will find out from John.

Forgot your password?