CAUTIOUS OPTIMISM! Original Command & Conquer getting a remaster!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
When I read the part about "exploring some exciting ideas" the first thing that popped into my head was "meaning how we add microtransactions and paywalling"... it's sad really.
While I never played the first C&C, one of the first games me and my father bought was Red Alert. I still have the original box with all it's contents (and both expansions in original boxes beside it) displayed on my shelf of plastic junk.. I mean models. God I loved those games. Hated the " inside a building/commando" missions, those were so hard as a 6-8? year old who didn't speak the language lol
First actual CnC game I played was Tiberium Sun I think... the one that came out after RA. That was fun too.
RA2 was awesome and Generals was decent enough. There was a CnC around that time that still had base building, but it was already kinda weird and mediocre. The rest after that was utter junk.
I hope they don't do the same to this as they did to Dungeon Keeper. I real remaster with bug fixes and no other alterations apart from some control/ui improvements. That would be awesome!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Until we get an official remake, I can recommend this open source version of RA, Now With Zero Added MicroTransactions!
I wonder what will happen to it once EA starts remastering this as well...

https://www.openra.net/

I played through the first couple of missions of the main Allied and Soviet campaigns, and it worked pretty well! Great game to play on older laptops and such as well!

Forgot your password?