CCU LTI melt

SKyBombER

Vice Admiral
Nov 12, 2020
RSI Handle
PlanetSTRIke21
Hi all, just a small question, would like to free up some credit for IAE 2959, BY melting a: ''Standalone Ship - Esperia TALON - WARBOND'', if at a later date i use my BBT, will it return with LTI?

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Just to clarify between your title and then your message :

CCU LTI melt :
Melting a CCUed ship (ship made from an upgrade applied on a token ship, LTI token ship or not) = you get the token ship back in your buybacks and the total melt value for the upgraded ship in store credits. You can NOT get back the upgraded ship from your buybacks, just the token. The token retains its original insurance (eg token LTI in buyback always stays LTI), not the one from its CCU upgrade if upgrade insurance was higher.

STANDALONE LTI melt :
Melting a standalone ship (whatever the insurance is, LTI or not) = you get the melt value in store credit, and the ship is in your buybacks, it retains its original insurance.
Here for your Talon since Warbond were sold with LTI, if you want to buy it back you will end with a LTI Talon.
There is a cooldown on warbond buyback if you want to get it back with storecredit (and use a buyback token for that), it is 1 month after initial warbond sale.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoloPlayerZA

SKyBombER

Vice Admiral
Nov 12, 2020
RSI Handle
PlanetSTRIke21
Just to clarify between your title and then your message :

CCU LTI melt :
Melting a CCUed ship (ship made from an upgrade applied on a token ship, LTI token ship or not) = you get the token ship back in your buybacks and the total melt value for the upgraded ship in store credits. You can NOT get back the upgraded ship from your buybacks, just the token. The token retains its original insurance (eg token LTI in buyback always stays LTI), not the one from its CCU upgrade if upgrade insurance was higher.

STANDALONE LTI melt :
Melting a standalone ship (whatever the insurance is, LTI or not) = you get the melt value in store credit, and the ship is in your buybacks, it retains its original insurance.
Here for your Talon since Warbond were sold with LTI, if you want to buy it back you will end with a LTI Talon.
There is a cooldown on warbond buyback if you want to get it back with storecredit (and use a buyback token for that), it is 1 month after initial warbond sale.
Ah ace, was just a bit vague on that issue, can't afford to get it wrong. If i use real cash to buy back, can i do it whenever i like, as long as i have a token?. Regards.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Ah ace, was just a bit vague on that issue, can't afford to get it wrong. If i use real cash to buy back, can i do it whenever i like, as long as i have a token?. Regards.
When you buyback with 100% real cash you don't need a buyback token and you can do that whenever you want (24+ hours after melt).

Token is only used for buyback with 100% store credit or a mix of store credit+cash. You have 1 token per quarter and they don't stack.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
The difference between buying or buying back with 100% real cash compared to a mix of cash+credit or 100% credit is that in the first case the item is giftable, when it is not in the second case.
As soon as you use store credit in a purchase, item is account bound. You can still melt it and buy it back with 100% real cash if you want it to be giftable again.

Edit : on a side note a ship purchased with 100% real cash, thus giftable, and upgraded with CCU bought with store credit is still giftable. That is a way to get rid of store credit for instance.

Well you have now a summarised guide for buying, melting and selling ;)

Last edited:

SKyBombER

Vice Admiral
Nov 12, 2020
RSI Handle
PlanetSTRIke21
When you buyback with 100% real cash you don't need a buyback token and you can do that whenever you want (24+ hours after melt).

Token is only used for buyback with 100% store credit or a mix of store credit+cash. You have 1 token per quarter and they don't stack.
Much clearer, cheers.

SKyBombER

Vice Admiral
Nov 12, 2020
RSI Handle
PlanetSTRIke21
The difference between buying or buying back with 100% real cash compared to a mix of cash+credit or 100% credit is that in the first case the item is giftable, when it is not in the second case.
As soon as you use store credit in a purchase, item is account bound. You can still melt it and buy it back with 100% real cash if you want it to be giftable again.

Edit : on a side note a ship purchased with 100% real cash, thus giftable, and upgraded with CCU bought with store credit is still giftable. That is a way to get rid of store credit for instance.

Well you have now a summarised guide for buying, melting and selling ;)
Nicely put, thanks.

Forgot your password?