Chairs!

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Does anyone have any experience with DxRacer chairs? I'm wanting to get a new chair as mine is not holding its air hydraulic (or whatever).

It's pretty expensive at $469 though. So I'm pretty hesitant to purchase. This is the one I'm looking at.

20160428_182846.jpg

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I have heard nothing but good things... I want one sooooo bad.
Me toooo! But holy hell are they expensive. This one will hold my fatass, but they have more expensive ones!

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
I love my Herman Miller Aeron. I bought it second hand, still not cheap but nowhere near the cost of a new one. If you spot any deals on these then do some research on them - I don't think that you would be disappointed. They are not flashy gamer chairs, just really comfortable office chairs that you can sit at your desk in all day, with your back and bum thanking you every second :)

Reactions: SeungRyul

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
It is worth a premium for a good fatass holder. Honestly, I have seem more of these on Twitch streams than any other chair so I assume everything I have heard is true.

Full disclosure: I sit in a $1000 chair at work and a $150 chair at home. The $1000 chair alleviates my back pain and the $150 chair causes it, so an investment in a good chair is worth it.

Reactions: WarrenPeace

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Honestly, I have seem more of these on Twitch streams than any other chair so I assume everything I have heard is true.
I have seen quite a lot of YouTubers use this chair. And then it seems Disco Lando uses one as well, in fact, most of the CIG team uses them.

Reactions: Xian-Luc Picard

Devastat3

Grand Admiral
Apr 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Devastat3
If you happen to be a larger individual I would do some research. Racing seat designs can be super comfortable or uncomfortable depending of your body frame.

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
I have the black one. Decent controls, and good back/neck support. Very solid feeling, it's been my favorite chair so far. The seat is pretty narrow. I'm 5'10", 185, let's call me semi in shape, lol. I wouldn't want to be over 200lbs in this chair myself, the sides of your ass and legs will be pinched in. If I can find fault, it's comfort. I find it quite firm. I've had it close to 2 years now, so I don't think it's going to break in anymore. I'd like a double foam seat version :). I sit for 10 hours in a $1200 Recaro chair at work, so I guess I've been spoiled.

Reactions: Grimbli

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I have the black one. Decent controls, and good back/neck support. Very solid feeling, it's been my favorite chair so far. The seat is pretty narrow. I'm 5'10", 185, let's call me semi in shape, lol. I wouldn't want to be over 200lbs in this chair myself, the sides of your ass and legs will be pinched in. If I can find fault, it's comfort. I find it quite firm. I've had it close to 2 years now, so I don't think it's going to break in anymore. I'd like a double foam seat version :). I sit for 10 hours in a $1200 Recaro chair at work, so I guess I've been spoiled.
I'm pretty overweight, more than I'd like to be, but for some reason it's all in my stomach. I actually have fairly skinny legs and ass. I kinda look weird, but eh, whatever.

I read it was a bit narrow, but I don't think that'll be a problem. I might just save up for one now then. But that's so many spaceships lol

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
It is worth a premium for a good fatass holder. Honestly, I have seem more of these on Twitch streams than any other chair so I assume everything I have heard is true.

Full disclosure: I sit in a $1000 chair at work and a $150 chair at home. The $1000 chair alleviates my back pain and the $150 chair causes it, so an investment in a good chair is worth it.
I always learned that you spend good money on anything that gets between you and the Earth. Mattresses, shoes, and chairs are all areas you shouldn't skimp. Your joints and muscles will thank you.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I always learned that you spend good money on anything that gets between you and the Earth. Mattresses, shoes, and chairs are all areas you shouldn't skimp. Your joints and muscles will thank you.
Wisdom

Forgot your password?