Chocolate Teapots

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I have a bath plug that has an IP67 rating. Never gave it much thought, however today I got curious and decided to look it up.

IMGP0937.JPG

For those already in the know about IP ratings this must already be quite amusing. The first number, 6, is the highest on the rating index and says it is dust proof. The second number goes up to 8 and is in regard to water resistance. Yes, water resistance not water proof. And yes you can see it is rated at 7, not the maximim 8.

This bath plug is, according to IP67, water resistant to a depth of 1 meter for up to 30 minutes.

Either the rating on this item is a joke, or the plug who's sole reason to exist is to create a barrier and remain underwater is a chocolate teapot.

You ever seen anything quite as teapotty?

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I have a bath plug that has an IP67 rating. Never gave it much thought, however today I got curious and decided to look it up.

View attachment 18521

For those already in the know about IP ratings this must already be quite amusing. The first number, 6, is the highest on the rating index and says it is dust proof. The second number goes up to 8 and is in regard to water resistance. Yes, water resistance not water proof. And yes you can see it is rated at 7, not the maximim 8.

This bath plug is, according to IP67, water resistant to a depth of 1 meter for up to 30 minutes.

Either the rating on this item is a joke, or the plug who's sole reason to exist is to create a barrier and remain underwater is a chocolate teapot.

You ever seen anything quite as teapotty?
I... how... WHAT?

Why on earth does your bath plug, usually a piece of rubbery plastic, has any sort of rating???? Does it have Bluetooth? Or is it to protect the secret spying device hidden inside it?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I... how... WHAT?

Why on earth does your bath plug, usually a piece of rubbery plastic, has any sort of rating???? Does it have Bluetooth? Or is it to protect the secret spying device hidden inside it?
Odd indeed, it literally is just a piece of rubbery plastic. The do not dispose in the bin logo is also a bit of a brain teaser.

Reactions: Bambooza

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Odd indeed, it literally is just a piece of rubbery plastic. The do not dispose in the bin logo is also a bit of a brain teaser.
Yeah that bin logo was what gave me the idea that it might include electronics. You might want to cut in half to check for a bug inside it, or keep.it in a faraday cage lol
Anyways, it's effin hilarious 🤣🤣🤣

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yeah that bin logo was what gave me the idea that it might include electronics. You might want to cut in half to check for a bug inside it, or keep.it in a faraday cage lol
Anyways, it's effin hilarious 🤣🤣🤣
But if I cut it in half it won't even be IP11 rated 🙂

Glad it gave you a giggle.

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
IP67 is an accepted CE for electrical stuff
Water plugs have EN numbers IE EN200

iP67 is probably for Butt Plugs, can you take a picture from another angle please?
Where did you buy it from? If you got it from Amazon post a review.

But if it stops leakiness, carry on with it.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I have yet to find the time to take a picture of it's reverse side, bear with me, suffice to say if someones behind is able to accommodate this plug it would likely swallow it, as it is the shape of most bath plugs.

Forgot your password?