CIG artists missed the boat!

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I kept thinking about the Hurston artwork, and esp. Lorville, with the workers there wearing the bag filter/masks, and kept thinking, "You know, that is cool and kind of believeable, but it's missing something..."

Well, thanks to the engineers at Dyson, now I know what was missing to make it more "realistic" --> Headphones 🤣

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Even in the UK there are up to 36,000 additional deaths a year from air pollution: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/public-health-england-publishes-air-pollution-evidence-review

But it's not really a product designed for our market where strict air pollution laws mean we can at least see a nearby hill on a clear day... In places where you couldn't see the horizon until the Lockdowns of the pandemic closed the factories and cleared the skies this technology makes sense. It'd be like announcing a new McDonalds Beef Burger in India. There is little to no demand for that product in that country to the point it doesn't even make sense. Perhaps a bad example as comparison but I feel it is valid.

Will these sell? Unknown, I'm not in a target country which already has frequent mask use and high air pollution. I don't think so from looking at them but I don't know if there are these types of non-contact compressor fed positive air pressure filters are already in use in these places and the only difference is these have some Cans and a Dyson technology filter?

Joke will be on us if the sound quality is unbeatable and this is Dysons entry into the headphone market (minus the filters) and they become the next Beats.

Last edited:
  • o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Raven_King

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jan 17, 2021
RSI Handle
Raven_King
this has to be an april fools joke there is no way dyson would make something so useless.
IF this is actually sold, the real joke will be on those that actually spend the money that will cost.
I completely agree this looks like an April Fool joke. Here's Twitch.tv insisting it's not: Dyson Zone: your questions answered about the crazy air-purifying headphones | Stuff , and Dyson replying to a tweet saying it's not: (20) Steve on Twitter: "@Dyson I've just realised what day it is on Friday. Surely they didn't plan out a two year april fools???" / Twitter.

But I can't imagine wearing one of these, at least not outside some sort of smog-filled megacity or when there's a huge forest fire, which is not a frequent thing here.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?