CIG raised $800,000 on first day of Ares sale

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I'm waiting, just so I can put it on *next* months credit card bill, ha ha. This months is already fairly large due to the anniversary sale! (don't worry, I pay my bill in full every month, but as a certified cheapskate, I hate paying large bills).

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
View attachment 14613

I am heavy weapons guy....and this is my weapon. She is Inferno class Ares Starfighter and firing custom tooled cartridges at rate of 1900 rounds per minute.

It costs 800,000 UEC to fire this gun....for 12 seconds.
Jeeeeeeesus. Haha, that much? FML. That makes the decision as to which to buy easier...

Both.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Ehh, I really like the idea of one big gun on the ship.
However, currently S1 to S2 to S3 to S4 to S5 to S6 to S7 makes hardly any difference in dps, and I'm a spreadsheet kinda guy, so if it doesn't look good on paper I'm going to pass.
Maybe they'll implement some mechanic later that makes larger weapons more efficient against ships, perhaps it's not straight up DPS rebalancing but something like smaller projectiles glancing and/or dealing less damage to heavier armor and/or shields. Maybe that'll fix scatterguns as well, at the moment it's as if a shotgun was the most efficient weapon against tanks.

But as long as that's just a theory, I'm gonna rescue my wallet.

Forgot your password?