Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
I hope they fix my bug... I can’t play since the ptu
What's wrong Blue

I have only been a citizen since Feb 2016, I have got high expectations for the final product, right now I ensure that I have other things to do when 3.0 gets dull.
As some have said getting all of us able to play and a decent performance is vital.
I still think that 3.0 has some legs, just drop a couple of hidden ice caves or new missions in to keep us going until the summer when we get to try (possibly) the first iterations of new professions.

Last edited:

MegaMonkey

Vice Admiral
Sep 12, 2017
RSI Handle
MegaMonkey
But there is nothing there. Don't tell me that hundreds of thousands of kilometers of nothing on the surface of a planet with a 20x20m damned outpost is a huge "playable area" because that's not true. It's 20x20m of playable area.
"But it's a lot bigger than the world of Fallout 4 and Skyrim and GTA 5 put together". It absolutely is not. There's more content in 2-3 buildings from Fallout 4 than there is in the whole of SC in 3.0.
Even that "empty" are is not playable :D we tried to land 3km out of an outpost, there were just mountains and sand, all we got was 3fps average over 4~5 people.

I think performance (i.e. more fps/fix desync issues/etc.) should be their focus for now, if they can make it work better, we'll have our best asset to play with, out imagination :D we can cook up some fun scenarios (last CFT was raiding a pirate hideout to retrieve medical supplies they stole)

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
Hi CT
Hopefully my point is clear, Play now to refine your skills and tactics for the final game. We know things will change however it will still have value.
As an Org lets raise our skills, Combat flight training should be way more popular than it is ( maybe the Saturday night slot is not great or something)
Only by being a pirate or murderer will you understand how to beat them.
When the other professions start the same will be true.
I dislike quoting other games as an example of this, so I will just quote my RPS coach the great Ben Dover ' practice makes perfect'

Last edited:

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77

Shiwaz

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Shiwaz
We need performance first, then gameplay features, then expansion of space to do it in.
Had the exact same roller-coaster experience as you. Initially I was hoping that 2018 would be the "big year of expansion", but only because i want this game SOOOO badly!

However, the more I thought about it, the happier i became with CIG's 2018 approach!

Cool-Hand-Luke

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Cool-Hand-Luke
A good way to put it is look at histories examples of rapidly expanding empires.

They all crumbled.

They are doing it properly, they are building the logistics and means of having a useable expanded game that doesn't simply crumble because it ran before it could walk. That would infuriate gamers more than simply waiting longer.

Just wait as they implement mining and other professions in the year, it will add more places and areas as well so we won't be completely dry on content for a year, just no new planets or cities.

Hope you all aren't done with 3.0 already, I'm taking my sweet sweet time and am will in the "must explore that new thing over there" mentality and will try out other stuff as take my leisurely time with it all.
The Roman Empire began with the crowning of Gaius Octavian Thurinus in 31 B.C. and fell to the German Goths in A.D. 476, for a total of 507 years.

507 Years?

Oh Sh!t...

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I want the ability to put my Bike in a Cutlass/Freelancer/Connie, my ability to buy ship weapons or, at least, put the REC weapons back in the PU, and an ability to automate my turrets. All of these were supposed to be in 3.0, none of them are.

Reactions: Blind Owl

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
I want the ability to put my Bike in a Cutlass/Freelancer/Connie, my ability to buy ship weapons or, at least, put the REC weapons back in the PU, and an ability to automate my turrets. All of these were supposed to be in 3.0, none of them are.
You can't put the bike in a ship? You should be able to.

Alright, everyone together:
Re-clai-mer.
Re-clai-mer!
Re-clai-mer!
RE-CLAI-MER!

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?