CIG to expand studio in Montreal, get us those 100 star systems!

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
Exciting news and use of the cash.
I went to Montreal in 1990 as part of a road trip. After the strip club we found a great party and I met a Canadian girl, luckily she did not turn out to be a nice girl. I really liked the city, fantastic country side nearby. My new friend invited us to stay a couple of days at her parents lake house which was on its own island, maybe 100 miles North. It seems like summer lake houses are fairly common. Canada is one of the few countries I would live in except the UK.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Canada is one of the few countries I would live in except the UK.
Ah so that's how you got your nickname....

But yes same here - I would happily move to Canada tomorrow, or New Zealand, Or Japan. That's aboot it!

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Oh YEAH!

SOON™

btw @Montoya -> Austin, TX was first (SC started here) -> Manchester,UK (Wimslow) was second (Erin started SQ42 here)
The main Incorporation is Wimslow, England as the UK gives a 50% discount on taxes for tech companies such as game development.
Just thought I would remind you oh Glorious Leader...Cheers.

Turbulent made the Star Map and Spectrum (can't get everything right. LOL).

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yeh I can't quite figure out how you guys are so happy about this - Turbulent have been the worst performing department at CIG in the last several years, the website is still a pile of out of date crap,, the in game voip is lacklusture and difficult to use, the friends system is bodged and difficult to use, have I left anything out? Oh yeh the website still doesnt remember me even though I click the remember me box every time I log in.

And your putting them in charge of planets??!!! Jesus.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yeh I can't quite figure out how you guys are so happy about this - Turbulent have been the worst performing department at CIG in the last several years, the website is still a pile of out of date crap,, the in game voip is lacklusture and difficult to use, the friends system is bodged and difficult to use, have I left anything out? Oh yeh the website still doesnt remember me even though I click the remember me box every time I log in.

With Imperator Addison threatening to bring Peace and Harmony to the 'Verse we've got to have something to bring a slice of danger to ones game play expiriance or what's the point?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik

Same experience here, and same sentiment. It's a wait and see for me.
I saw a ton of adds for developers though, looks like they could raid some of the other game studios in the Montreal/Ottawa area.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?