Citizen Con 2016

Nightrider

Media Propaganda Czar
Jul 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Nightrider
Yes I agree with WarrenPeace, being able to stumble home is a plus.

Reactions: AstroSam

Bruzdawg

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruzr
If you all have room for a new guy, I'm looking for hotel reservations for myself also. Still trying to figure out which day I want to fly in...either that Friday or Saturday (depending on the availability for a CIG studio tour).

gladestone

Vice Admiral
Mar 8, 2015
RSI Handle
gladestone
Im in like flynn got a room with diehydra so ill be there, might be the only time i get to make a comic on but ill make it a fun trip, ive not had a true vaca away from nj in many years...So looking forward to seeing many of ya..

J. L. Wolf

Space Marshal
Dec 22, 2014
RSI Handle
J_L_Wolf
I will be there. I think the sooner I get my flight and hotel the better though.

Hipstar Dufus

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
AtomicDOGE
CAN I BUY SOMEONE OUT? Just throwing this out there, but I joined Star Citizen after this Citizencon event was sold out so I'm going to miss out, but I don't want to. If anyone here for any reason can't attend and want to recoup your costs, let me know and I can buy your room and event ticket.

briguy168

Space Marshal
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
sirina
I also got a ticket and am still exploring flight and hotel options

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I would like to go if anyone finds out they are unable, I am more then happy to buy a ticket off you.

briguy168

Space Marshal
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
sirina
@sum1 I do believe that tickets are locked to people's real name so unless you get a fake of that person's ID, don't think that could happen... :(

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
The wife and I moved into a 2 bedroom at the beginning of July. Therefore, we have more space to host (if my wife's sanity will allow. However, we only have one, small bathroom.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
That would be ludicrous if it can't change user. Super Bowl tickets cost more than these do and people give or sell those.
You can't swap these. I've confirmed it.

I got a ticket for me, but almost didn't get a ticket for my wife, and was told unequivocally by concierge support that I could not just buy one off the grey/black market for her - they would not let her in the door if it didn't have her name on it.

And that, I think, is the point. They don't want scalpers buying them all up, jacking the prices up, and then selling them to the people who really want them.

So - if you can't make it, don't buy one. If you do buy one, it's yours and you can't give it away.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
True.

There are also people who already booked hotels/flights, hoping they'd get tickets, and then they didn't get tickets.

In general though, I have to say I agree with their strategy here in keeping the scalpers out.

Probably the best thing they could do to improve it is to have a waiting list of people who tried to buy them, and if people can't make it they can refund back to CIG to go to the next person in line who still wants it without any increase in price. Hopefully they add something like that in the not-too-distant future.

Reactions: AstroSam and sum1

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth

Cyril

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
Cyril
Well that sucks for anyone that buys and then can't make it.
Customer service has a waiting list. For anyone that can't go as soon as they let CIG know it goes to the next person on the list. The ticket did require the name that matches photo ID when they were ordered.

Forgot your password?