Citizencon 2017 post show thoughts

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Well, that was a good one!

I was a bit disappointed that we did not get any crash and reset to the beginning, and no role playing in the demo! :smile:

Im going to watch it again when its uploaded and give a detailed break down.

What are you initial reactions?

Bonus Pioneer footage

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Speaking seriously now, the scope and scale of what was shown is simply jaw dropping, and the Pioneer intro from Silas Koerner was really, really cool and I agree with StdDev, I found it moving/emotional, and that in itself is also very cool. The Pioneer is quite a concept and really does flesh out the whole expanding humanity element.

The seamlessness of the demo at ArcCorp was also very impressive - would have really enjoyed it had Glen just landed at any of the pads in Area 17 and walked into some random apartment but we know that is part of the eventual vision and I can wait.

The mix of style and feel from Blade Runner, Alien, Fifth Element, Star Wars, etc., is also just indescribably cool and a true tribute to the beauty and variety of sci-fi imagery we have been blessed with for a century now.

Major kudo's to the CIG team, while progress is slower than I want this really helped to resuscitate my hope and I can't wait for 3.0 to drop and the progress to accelerate - really well done all, thanks for creating this universe for us - we promise to take good care of it.

'Gimp

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
Hmm, let me season this thread with a little salt. I'm feeling very shafted that CIG has decided to unilaterally end the subscriber annual flair, namely the Gamescom and Citizencon subscriber version trophies. I don't mind buying the gun, but the trophies end at 2016 yet they expect me to keep paying monthly for stuff that I won't even remember in 10 years. This sucks. Bad move, CIG.

The rest of Citizencon was great, imo.

Havrek

Space Marshal
Sep 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Havrek
With all the npc's and sheer scale......I had naughty thoughts about causing mayhem. I was overwhelmed by the feeling to cause as much mayhem in the PTU. I'm seriously conflicted and thought I would play as a good guy. Something about this presentation made me want to just blow shit up.......

Shinlen

Grand Admiral
Nov 1, 2015
RSI Handle
xShinlen
With all the npc's and sheer scale......I had naughty thoughts about causing mayhem. I was overwhelmed by the feeling to cause as much mayhem in the PTU. I'm seriously conflicted and thought I would play as a good guy. Something about this presentation made me want to just blow shit up.......
Yeah, I was totally like "What would happen if he crashed" "Would NPC die?" etc Also I'm curious what's in those ravines in city (one of first thing I gotta check) and if you can ride a train.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
First, I would like to Thank all of you for your very generous Pledges.
You are making this possible. Thank You........

My dream is coming true.
And
It is going to get a DAMN sight better.
You ain't seen nothing yet................................

The Pioneer video was terrific.
The Pioneer will be a great ship for TEST SQUADRON
The panel discussions were very informative and helpful.
The Main Presentation had me glued to my seat. (and that ain't an easy thing.)

Welcome to the 'Verse.
I look forward to enjoying this experience with you for many years.

Reactions: Havrek

Gabgrave

Grand Admiral
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Gabgrave
What got me was the Footprints In The Sand panel. And after the keynote presentation, this hit me:

As I walked through 2.6.3, I looked back and saw only one set of foot prints in the sand
I cried out to CIG
"Robert, you said that if I followed you, you would walk with me all the way.
But I have walked alone in this desolation for so long, and there was only these single set of footprints.
I don't understand. Why have you forsaken me?"
And CIG replied
"My son, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, through the PTU and Alpha
When you saw only one set of footprints
It was then that I carried you
On the road to 3.0"

Forgot your password?