CitizenCon 2953 Discussion Thread

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
CIG finally did the one thing they needed to do. They finished something and declared it done.

I wonder if the Starfield release prompted that. (My guess is that it did.)

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
CIG finally did the one thing they needed to do. They finished something and declared it done.

I wonder if the Starfield release prompted that. (My guess is that it did.)
I'm guessing that you're not entirely wrong with your guess. Hopefully, CIG will have it in a very stable & bug free condition when it releases SQ42 to further seal the lips of those that have been talking smack about it through the years.

Reactions: Bambooza

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I'm guessing that you're not entirely wrong with your guess. Hopefully, CIG will have it in a very stable & bug free condition when it releases SQ42 to further seal the lips of those that have been talking smack about it through the years.
A good part of Citcon still felt like feature creep. I hope they finally get going so maybe I can play a gold standard game before I die.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
A good part of Citcon still felt like feature creep. I hope they finally get going so maybe I can play a gold standard game before I die.
If not. We shall avenge you. (in starfield)

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I don't think CR cared one bit about Starfield. That was clearly never going to become competition.
I think it's just a happy little coincidence that by the time everyone got bored of the lackluster disappointing gameplay of starfield, CitCon happened with the announcement and that prompted the media to do their writeups right when the public would be interested in such an upcoming space game that promises to fix all the before-last-gen nature of Starfield.

Either way, CiG completed something. Never thought I'd live to see the day!

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I don't think CR cared one bit about Starfield. That was clearly never going to become competition.
I think it's just a happy little coincidence that by the time everyone got bored of the lackluster disappointing gameplay of starfield, CitCon happened with the announcement and that prompted the media to do their writeups right when the public would be interested in such an upcoming space game that promises to fix all the before-last-gen nature of Starfield.

CR stated that he's played Starfield & enjoyed playing it, so I choose to believe him. I also believe that while playing Starfield, he had a few lols because he knows about where things are at with SC & Squadron as well as what matches up & what SQ42 will be better at. Thus he didn't lose any sleep over Starfield while enjoying it bring attention of gamers back to a similar genre of games as SQ42 for CIG for free.

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
(cough) derek brainfart (cough)

I know, I was amazed at that announcement. I haven't seen how CIG could finish something. let alone a game. let alone Squadron 42. so you can imagine my surprise...

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
(cough) derek brainfart (cough)
Whenever I can, I always suggest to CIG devs to create the "official" salt brand of the Verse be named Cry-Smart brand salt with a tagline of "When dead sea salt just isn't salty enough, except no substitute." Come to think of it, maybe the top of the salt shaker should resemble a mic (as in a certain salty individual with a similar sounding name to the shape)?

Forgot your password?