[CLOSED] [WTB] Andromeda to Phoenix upgrade - Thanks SkippyLeDoo!

DarraignTheSane

Grand Admiral
Dec 18, 2013
RSI Handle
Darraign
UPDATE 12/19 - SkippyLeDoo is friggin' awesome!

====

Hey all,

I know this is a longshot, but I'm hoping there's someone out there sitting on a Phoenix upgrade that I could apply to my Rear Admiral physical goods package. I'm so disappointed that CIG arbitrarily decided to not allow CCU's to it with this year's sale I could spit. Really, they could have just enabled two SKU's: Andromeda > Phoenix and Aquila > Phoenix. Maybe I'll stop before I go on a full on rant...

I'm not willing to pay the 240% markup ($300) that they usually go for, but if you wouldn't mind parting with it at a reasonable price I'd be very much appreciative. Feel free to reply with any offers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Liquor_and_ores

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
I bet those skyrocketed on the black market just after the sale went live and there was no CCUs to be had. :D

If I were you, I would do the next logical thing.
I would CCU my physical package to lets say merchantman, or Carrack or whatever.

Then I would straight up purchase Phoenix with 3 year insurance. :)
3 years (4x accelerated ingame time) in gaming time still means about 4 years or real life time of insurance. If you play like 8 hours a day, and that never happens realistically speaking, right?

Insurance only runs when you are logged in they said.

Last edited:

DarraignTheSane

Grand Admiral
Dec 18, 2013
RSI Handle
Darraign
I bet those skyrocketed on the black market just after the sale went live and there was no CCUs to be had. :D
I really don't think there are many, if any, left out there. Just plenty of people posting "[WTB] Phoenix upgrade @ cost" posts.

I had been waiting on the anniversary sale for *months*, with an inkling that the Phoenix was going to go back on sale. I didn't have money for it during the first Connie variant sale, but now I do.

I was ready with my finger on the trigger, had a bookmark setup to load the "Andromeda to ___" search in the pledge store that morning at the sale day rollover time, and then... no Phoenix upgrade. Surely it must be a mistake, right? Then I read they're selling the ship, but for the first time ever just randomly decided to not allow CCU's to a ship that was on sale.

Suffice it to say, I was pretty disappointed. :\

(edit) - As to the rest of it regarding insurance: I already own a good deal of $350+ ships, so no, I'm not interested in purchasing another one when I have the base variant sitting in my hangar. It's the same reason I'm not willing to pay $300 for the upgrade. It's the principal of the matter.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Think of it this way.
CIG just saved their necks.

In the grander scheme, if they sold CCUs people would hoard them, making this a bigger fiasco than it needed to be.

Owners of Phoenixes were prety mental on the forums and CIG caved in.
It would have been a too big of a community blowback if they did not do it as they have done it.
I am not happy with it but I totally understand them.

Besides.
If you already own a LTI connie, you will be able to buy a hull upgrade to Phoenix in the verse.
and since any upgraded hull retains LTI, you get to keep that Phoenix forever.

You have lost and been hurt in the short run, but when all is settled and done, you will get what you want.

Remember, It ain't over untill the fat lady sings (or something like that hehe). :)

DarraignTheSane

Grand Admiral
Dec 18, 2013
RSI Handle
Darraign
Thanks for the reply. That's really the most rational way I've heard someone talk about it, through all the chatter I've read. I understand why they didn't want people to be able to CCU from the Archimedes, or buy $0 CCU's from other $350 ships. Or at least, I know there's a group of previous Phoenix owners who would view that as a slight by CIG. I still say they could have just enabled CCU's from the other two Connie variants, but ultimately it's just an unfortunate oversight.

If you already own a LTI connie, you will be able to buy a hull upgrade to Phoenix in the verse.
and since any upgraded hull retains LTI, you get to keep that Phoenix forever.
I do really hope this is the case, and not that any of that additional Phoenix-specific equipment would be lost if the ship is lost. Here's hoping.

Still, if anyone happens to have an upgrade and is feeling generous (e- in that they don't want to make an insane profit on it), I'd be very grateful.

Reactions: Liquor_and_ores

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
They said all upgrades and hull updates are going to be available in the game.
Just make sure your stuff has LTI and just don't worry about it. :)

You can be sure LTI will be gone forever once the game launches proper.
They keep saying it is a small thing, but hey, it is one less inssurance to worry about.

Regarding a good semarithan and hoping that someone will sell you Phoenix CCU here or anywhere else for a fair price, is a lost cause.

People are people.
Think about it hard. If you had it for example.
Search your human nature. :D

Reactions: Bishop

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
If the unmelting program is correct, if you use cash to unmelt something it becomes giftable

*edit... never mind, looks like the SKU is locked out for the Phoenix upgrade as well as the 890 jump I have :/

Last edited:

DarraignTheSane

Grand Admiral
Dec 18, 2013
RSI Handle
Darraign
I would think CIG will address that issue soon. If you purchased something, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to unmelt / buy it back. It not currently being on sale shouldn't really have any bearing on the buy back. Kind of defeats the whole purpose.

I bet we'll see them fix that along with the option to use store credits.

DarraignTheSane

Grand Admiral
Dec 18, 2013
RSI Handle
Darraign
Oh man, great! Well, hold on to that thought for a few days, let's see if CIG 'fixes' the buy back system to allow you to unmelt it. I'll get in touch with my contact & PayPal info as soon as we find out more.

SkippyLeDoo

Lame Title
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
SkippyLeDoo
Sure thing. Doing this will push me over to concierge :P

As for fixing the system, it shows up in my unmelt section, if I add it to the cart, can I not pay for it or something?

Reactions: DarraignTheSane

DarraignTheSane

Grand Admiral
Dec 18, 2013
RSI Handle
Darraign
Sure thing. Doing this will push me over to concierge :p

As for fixing the system, it shows up in my unmelt section, if I add it to the cart, can I not pay for it or something?
Yeah, from what I'm reading, you can try it, but you'll receive an error about 'missing SKU' when you go click on the payment button that brings you to PayPay/Amazon.

DarraignTheSane

Grand Admiral
Dec 18, 2013
RSI Handle
Darraign
Oh nevermind, just read that they fixed it today! Give me just a bit, literally pulling into the show to go see TFA right now. :)

I'll PM you in a few hours.

Forgot your password?