Coffee in the Apocalypse

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
btw I drink Black Rifle sometimes, friend of mine owns a store... they sell "things that shoot" and Black Rifle.
The way I drink it is apparently too complex. Hot, strong, black, and no sugar seems beyond most people's understanding.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
The way I drink it is apparently too complex. Hot, strong, black, and no sugar seems beyond most people's understanding.
You like your coffee like you like your men. We get it, we get it.

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
My men are my 4 son's, and two son-in-law's. I like my Java better. Just don't tell them that, there's a 75% chance of having my head rearranged, and only a 20% chance I'll see it coming. There's also a 100% chance my wife will take their side.
What's the saying I've seen on the side of a coffee cup... "I love you more than I love my coffee, I just don't love you BEFORE my coffee..."

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Black Coffee with Dirt Wolf Double IPA?!
My apologies to anyone not interested in coffee OR beer. Who in the world would that be?

I start with about 2 oz of strong brewed coffee in your beer mug. Black Rifle coffee works splendidly. But so does Folgers so what do I know. Adjust the strength and amount of coffee to suit your taste. If it works, when you pour in the beer you will see it bubble very small dark bubbles that last a while - not big clear bubbles that last a quarter second, but very small bubbles like what happens when you open a Guinness but without the helpful nitrogen :) I also don't think you can mask the aroma of a good IPA. Oh boy, now I need to get to a store so I can see if they sell a good IPA here in Texas.

For a good American Lager that I know works, you can try this with a Yuengling.

btw Guinness Cold Brew is basically the same recipe, only it costs like 4X what I pay for this.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
I think it’s hysterical. Does this mean I’m a bad man?
Obviously not! it means you are a bad "gender has nothing to do with it" person.
Because we are political correct and stuff.
But yes , you bad.
Good for you.
:like:

My apologies to anyone not interested in coffee OR beer. Who in the world would that be?
I hate you.
Just did my weekend shopping.
Now I have to get up again.
Also, thanks for that recipe...
:glorious:

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68

I start with about 2 oz of strong brewed coffee in your beer mug. Black Rifle coffee works splendidly. But so does Folgers so what do I know. Adjust the strength and amount of coffee to suit your taste. If it works, when you pour in the beer you will see it bubble very small dark bubbles that last a while - not big clear bubbles that last a quarter second, but very small bubbles like what happens when you open a Guinness but without the helpful nitrogen :) I also don't think you can mask the aroma of a good IPA. Oh boy, now I need to get to a store so I can see if they sell a good IPA here in Texas.

For a good American Lager that I know works, you can try this with a Yuengling.

btw Guinness Cold Brew is basically the same recipe, only it costs like 4X what I pay for this.
You know they make coffee stouts and porters correct? Just thought I'd point you in a direction if you didn't.

Where at in Texas? Ft. Worth here.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
You know they make coffee stouts and porters correct? Just thought I'd point you in a direction if you didn't.

Where at in Texas? Ft. Worth here.
Yep, I mentioned stout in the first post to @Sky Captain higher up. I haven't tried it with a porter yet but it would probably work well. There's a new HEB near us that sells porters, I just don't get there often.

I'm in the swamp between Houston and Galveston., fairly close to NASA but on the other side of the freeway.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
I'm still a morning coffee drinker.

But ... coffee has been taken a backseat as my favorite drink since (thanks to Covid) I work remotely from home a lot more.

My latest home discovery has been 2 shots Woodford Reserve bourbon + 1 shot frangelico + 1 shot creme-de-cacao + over ice. Not in the morning, of course! Haha!

Forgot your password?