Com-Mercial: We Own The Sky (Capitalist Edition)

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Dont forget to post to RSI, Im sure the mods there have you flagged!

They will be pleased that you held back on this one.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Only 400 credits for a haircut? I spend more buying a candy bar that I'm not even going to eat, but just leave in my coat pocket and forget about because I only wear the coat one week per year.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I don't like how you assumed the main character, Johnny Rocko, in the commercial shaved his head and was not bald. As a person who shaves his head I know I do not like to be confused with someone who is bald or balding....

And of course I'm joking. Great video and keep them coming!

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
Posted this on Reddit as a comment, thought of also adding it here as many Capitalist pig are still among us

Do you know how someone makes a joke, no1 laughs and the person telling it repeats it again but louder? Horrible! Let me do it for you here in the form of a transcript.
  • Video starts with a summary of ridiculously expensive stuff but then we hear that he has no clue if he can even afford it, its all bought with credit. (cultural reference of excessive consumption)
  • Putin is the only light in the land of darkness. Perspective joke, as he is marketed as the face of all evil in the rest of the world.
  • American dream. Ignorance/ mass-brainwashing reference. Lets just say that if you tell a hungry child: "you don't need food, eat dreams" i'll slap you in the face :)
  • Then it references American wars and crazy firearms activists, who make up rules because their gun is bigger.
  • 1789 Historical reference to slavery, opportunity to export Low Net Worth individuals. Character appears to be a slave trader as he is selling freedom (plus spices, fruit, medicine...)
  • Denying all criticism and refusing to be called arrogant because he lives in the best country in the world. Irony
  • Only 6 payments to freedom. I hope that this speaks for itself
  • Immigrants United, communist star is crossed with a blue line. Adding immigrants to a purist conservative organisation
Still not funny? Darn. Let me repeat it one more time ...

Last edited:

Czechmate

Admiral
Feb 16, 2015
RSI Handle
Czechmate8
Posted this on Reddit as a comment, thought of also adding it here as many Capitalist pig are still among us

Do you know how someone makes a joke, no1 laughs and the person telling it repeats it again but louder? Horrible! Let me do it for you here in the form of a transcript.
  • Video starts with a summary of ridiculously expensive stuff but then we hear that he has no clue if he can even afford it, its all bought with credit. (cultural reference of excessive consumption)
  • Putin is the only light in the land of darkness. Perspective joke, as he is marketed as the face of all evil in the rest of the world.
  • American dream. Ignorance/ mass-brainwashing reference. Lets just say that if you tell a hungry child: "you don't need food, eat dreams" i'll slap you in the face :)
  • Then it references American wars and crazy firearms activists, who make up rules because their gun is bigger.
  • 1789 Historical reference to slavery, opportunity to export Low Net Worth individuals. Character appears to be a slave trader as he is selling freedom (plus spices, fruit, medicine...)
  • Denying all criticism and refusing to be called arrogant because he lives in the best country in the world. Irony
  • Only 6 payments to freedom. I hope that this speaks for itself
  • Immigrants United, communist star is crossed with a blue line. Adding immigrants to a purist conservative organisation
Still not funny? Darn. Let me repeat it one more time ...
As one of those Capitalists I salute you. -_-,,!,

Reactions: CGPepper
Forgot your password?