Combat Convoy

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
The ships and crew you want may not be the ships and crew you have.

Might be stuck with 1,000 Auroras and a Hull E. Might only have 3 Idrises.

I think that keeping loose minimums is better than coming up with a solid structure. Make your ideal convoy work with ANY ships and you'll ship all the time. :slight_smile:

(๑╯ﻌ╰๑)
I completely agree @Stevetank . I put out a number of roles, but most of them can be rolled up into one or two people for a small group. The reason I put so many roles is so that if groups get really big, you can split out roles and responsibilities and not have one person be responsible for everything and end up having stuff fall through the cracks because they have too much up in the air at the critical times.

Insisting on a specific ship mix will also not work at this stage. We don't know what each ship can do. What we think may not be what actually is.

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
I completely agree @Stevetank . I put out a number of roles, but most of them can be rolled up into one or two people for a small group. The reason I put so many roles is so that if groups get really big, you can split out roles and responsibilities and not have one person be responsible for everything and end up having stuff fall through the cracks because they have too much up in the air at the critical times.

Insisting on a specific ship mix will also not work at this stage. We don't know what each ship can do. What we think may not be what actually is.
The issue with those specific roles is, that you'd basically make a distinct command structure every single trip expecting people to make use of it... but frankly, the moment you start saying something like "XYZ can you be Load Commander" etc. I'd expect most of the people to scatter in all directions...

As for what ships would be good/best at it, it doesn't really matter, since you can't tell people what to fly.

Knucklesdeep

Grand Admiral
May 7, 2017
RSI Handle
Knucklesdeep
As a combat engineer in RL, can i just say...

Fuck you all in your vehicles while i go look for the splody thing that i shall then attempt to poke with a pointy stick

That is all XD
Lol, you all have saved my ass more times thin I can remember but it was agonizing to wait 6 hours on the side of the high way while you all poked the boom boom with a stick

Forgot your password?