Destination: Crusader
Required:
TEST armor (yellow/black)
Black armor
Multiple Weapons
Medipack

Goal:
Brevity use during session.
Flight in wing formation till engagement.
Fighter - FPS

For AIRMAN (first time with us) we will provide basic training, which means brevity, formation and protocol. It is important that pilots knows what is expected from them during a fight.

Before the event starts, we will gather in TEST Discord #CFT Briefing channel, 20:00 UTC.
During the briefing everybody needs to go to the main menu.
Everybody stays in the main menu until they get a party invite.
Kindly wear official TEST ARMOR, fit at least 1 weapon, medpacks, oxigen,...
Further instructions will be given in the TEST Discord #CFT Briefing channel.

Check your local time:

Reactions: wmk

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Huu you already posted it, great video, a bit dark 'tho, may be nex time we'll need a location with a better light to shot film...

Reactions: marcsand2

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Absolutely -- although you can see everything on the bright and properly calibrated display, I can imagine that in some scenes you can barely see the ship and its trail when you have a little darker screen -- especially those shots taken at larger distances.

I kept all scenes as this is an another proof of concept video. Imagine how cool it would be if I manage to stay closer to all ships; I was constantly using AB to catch up with the selected fighter but it was obviously not enough; not mention the fuel consumption -- at one point I was down to 65% ; )

Flying in formation with the chase ship, announcing all manoeuvres in advance, or planning entire flight with the photo crew before the photo session would result in much better video.

Reactions: Cugino83

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Flying in formation with the chase ship, announcing all manoeuvres in advance, or planning entire flight with the photo crew before the photo session would result in much better video.
I think those are a bit complex to came in, especiially considering we are TEST squadron and that people attending CFT can vary greatly from session to session.
I think a simpler solution , since we play in an asteroid field, could be to have moultiple cameramen standing on the asteroid and/or on different ships dislocated across the etire area and then combine the shot with also some reccording form some pilot seat (or from a second player in the ship if the ship allow that...)

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Unfortunately, asteroids are too far, and shooting a video from the co-pilot seat is also out of option -- due to the limitations of the camera controls provided by SC at this stage, you have to use the ship to control it; this allows you to track the subject and chase it at the same time, while keeping the "camera" more or less steady when panning.

I'd love to do that again in a more coordinated way. Perhaps during the next CFT or yet-to-be-scheduled formation flight training?

Reactions: marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I'd love to do that again in a more coordinated way. Perhaps during the next CFT or yet-to-be-scheduled formation flight training?
I think that formation flying is out of scope for CFT, that is why I started this:

Reactions: wmk
Forgot your password?