• TEST armor (yellow/black)
  • Black armor

Required:
  • Light / medium fighter
  • Turret fighter like the Hurricane also allowed

Goal:
  • flight tactics
  • effective comms

Before the event starts, we will gather in TEST Guilded, Main Hub, Star Citizen Comms, CFT channel, 19:45 UTC.
During the briefing everybody needs to go to the main menu.
Everybody stays in the main menu until they get a party invite.
Further instructions will be given in TEST Guilded, Main Hub, Star Citizen Comms, CFT channel.

Check your local time:

Guilded:

empireRSA

Space Marshal
Mar 13, 2014
RSI Handle
prem1er
How ping / latency dependant is this?

I quite badly would like to start flying with you guy’s, 'cause you know, we need to work on our coordinated Aurora strike’s and all that, but I suspect I'll average around 220ms to EU & 270~ish ms to US servers atm.

Reactions: marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
a good ping always helps, but mostly I fight in the US. That is 160~ish ping.
Dogfighting is about the ability to evade incoming fire and get you in a good position to land hits.

There is a guy, I only beat him once..... Aurora vs Gladius 🙄. I need to find a better tactic

[EDIT]above applies to 1 v 1 dogfighting.

In CFT the main objective is to fight effective as a group. You have a bad ping, which kills you fast in 1 v 1, then use evasion and distance. It keeps you alive and a target longer while the other guys in your flight can work on the hostiles. If you are hard to hit, hostiles tend to target easier to hit targets, which gives you the option to target them.

Last edited:
Reactions: empireRSA

empireRSA

Space Marshal
Mar 13, 2014
RSI Handle
prem1er
I ccu'd to a Talon Shrike the other day with the idea that I wouldn’t need to aim missiles, just sort of keep my ship pointed in the enemy’s general direction lol :D

But yeah, awesome, I suppose the best way to know for sure is to hop on and test. (not a pun)

Reactions: marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I ccu'd to a Talon Shrike the other day with the idea that I wouldn’t need to aim missiles, just sort of keep my ship pointed in the enemy’s general direction lol :D
With the Shrike you will be at a huge disadvantage. It is easy for a light fighter to evade missiles, and CM does it's job good. The Talon however has some serious firepower, 2x S4

Reactions: empireRSA
Forgot your password?