Complete(WTB) Need Package for best friend(LTI would be nice)

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
So I've been scouring the internet for an LTI package $65 and under with SQ42 and SC so my best friend can play the game with me. So far I've had no luck thought I would try here and see if I can find anyone who would be willing to help out. I'll also be looking for a cheap LTI standalone for myself also soon but not in a rush(don't have the heart to upgrade and lose my khartu al yet). If you have a good deal I might snag that also. let me know thanks.

Reactions: hardroc77

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I totally get why you would want LTI but if you are only owning one ship LTI is not such a big deal. If you have a fleet of ships then having them all use up insurance time together would suck. There have been a couple of times recently they have sold entry packages out cheaper and in addition they have said they will revamp the starter packages to have more choices (I suspect this will be when they plan to stop selling ships as such so maybe sometime off). So if it to play whats available now then just get a basic package.

The only other way to get packages with LTI apart from the initial sold ones is when they sell groups like the recent explorer package which is never going to be in that price range.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Oh i know all this but i have no idea where my best friend plans to go with his game he may end up just quitting tomorrow because he doesnt like it. As for LTI on bigger ships its going to be worth it on smaller ones it wont this is pretty standard in games overall its one less thing we have to think about having to keep up on. As for me i plan to have multiple ships and at least one very large ship i havnt decided what i want yet. at the moment i have my khartu al with LTI from the lightspeed package. I understand that it's not super important and if i cant find it thats fine but its still worth trying right? lol i want to keep his options

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
I totally get why you would want LTI but if you are only owning one ship LTI is not such a big deal.
Chris Roberts did say that there might be (high risk) regions that normal insurance would be void in, but that LTI would be valid everywhere. Now that's not a confirmed game element, but does show that LTI might actually have some benefit beyond the convenience factor.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1d5z5j/im_chris_roberts_creator_of_wing_commander_and/c9nf0ah/?context=3

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Wow that is great info to know i hope it does stay like that then there is a good reason to be a backer i thought in high risk areas everyone was going to be in danger. I remember a few times in eve i went to some high risk areas and got warp dropped lost my salvaging ship which took me months to earn. I want to make sure if i play this game that i have a good chance of being a strong player which is why im aiming high.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I did end up finding a Digital scout package that was inside of an upgrade for a cutlass black. I melted the package bought back the digital scout and will be able to gift it to him within the next 30 days(unless cig can help might be sooner). It was at a good price to only 120 usd melted for 105 so pretty much I paid 45 usd to get him sq42 sc and LTI. I hope he likes the game now I have all this extra store credit I need to use up lol.

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx
Just let him know that its in alpha stage and not anywhere near what the game will be like once all the parts are completed.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Oh I've been telling him that for a while now he's the kind of person though that if he gets bored then he doesn't come back I've had it happen a lot so I need to try to make what is available as fun as possible for him.

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx
Oh I've been telling him that for a while now he's the kind of person though that if he gets bored then he doesn't come back I've had it happen a lot so I need to try to make what is available as fun as possible for him.
Then if I was you I'd wait for him to try it till 3.0 once there's a lot more content to play and get more involved in. Honestly I don't really play the alpha that much, a bit here and there so I don't forget everything but over all the main stuff i'm wanting to get into hasn't come out yet.

Reactions: A.Santos

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Very true I havnt done to much yet either but I need to improve my combat skills and he's going to need to also because they are very difficult. Also FPS never get old as long as you can actually find players to play with. So far everytime I have tried to enter the star marine on multiplayer no one is there.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I solved this one I found a AMD never settle pack on ebay for 35 usd for him I also melted a different pack and extracted a lti digital scout just in case he decides to get serious with the game.

Forgot your password?